Cowhorn is a small and growing vineyard and winery in southern Oregon. We are looking for a motivated, positive self starter who will work with our Marketing Director and owner/winemakers to take our tasting room and wine club business, e-commerce and wholesale sales to the next level.
The successful candidate will be an expert at providing customer service, while being very organized and able to effectively manage broad and changing duties. He/she will have the drive to sell and promote the club and Cowhorn brand. Specifically, this person will demonstrate success by:
- Managing the tasting room, including scheduling shifts, keeping inventory of wine and supplies, scheduling group tours, and maintaining and overall friendly and welcoming environment.
- Retaining existing club members through engagement, consistent follow up, and outstanding customer service resulting in increased sales and longevity of membership.
- Recognizing opportunities to provide exceptional customer service to VIP customers and converting them to club members
- Creating and implementing effective marketing programs including e-mail blasts, promotional materials, events, website management, and packages for our members.
- Coming to work with a willingness to work with a team who likes to experiment and wear all hats, who is open to growth and change, and who all share a genuine desire to be proud the product we grow, produce and sell.
Increase wine club membership, sales and profitability
Direct set up and hosting of tasting room, wine tastings, tours, and wine club events
Manage inventory and shipments to ensure accurate execution of the biannual wine club shipments
Process shipping orders, billing, and credit card sales, including working with our fulfillment house for compliance
Maintain membership files
Work with Marketing Director to enhance Club benefits and procedures, and to coordinate our brand experience through events, print, online and the tasting room experience
Manage press inquiries and sample submissions; create press displays for tasting room and print
Manage e-mail marketing programs including e-blasts, posting wines to the website store
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
At least 1 year of wine retail and or club management desired. Exceptional similar experience from outside the wine industry will be considered
Proficient in MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Filemaker, presentation software and social media a plus
Self starter, team player, highly organized, multi-tasker
Able to speak, understand, read and write English fluently
Effective sales person
Must be 21 years of age, able to lift and carry 50 lbs, able to stand for extended periods of time and walk on uneven surfaces
Must be eligible for an OLCC server’s license
Winery is open Thursday through Sunday. Must be able to work most weekends, some event evenings and on some minor holidays.
Position is full time. Salary is competitive for our region and based on experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as a wine discount.