Established Paso Robles winery seeks an energetic, highly motivated individual to manage its distributor network in multiple states (Cal., Fl., LA., and others) as well as Canada. You must be highly organized, entrepreneurial, and have a track record of outstanding performance through distributor sales teams via multiple channels.
• Manage distributors to achieve volume goals.
• Introduce and promote company brands and strategies and take responsibility for distributors and channel markets in assigned areas.
• Call on retail, on-premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales force and independently to insure that displays, promotional activities and merchandising are in place.
• Exercise professional conduct with Distributors and Accounts consistently representing supplier brand in the highest professional manner.
• Solicit sales and develop new accounts and maintain existing accounts.
• Expected travel to be two or more weeks per month.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• A strong knowledge of and passion for wine and the wine industry
• 5-10 years related wine industry experience required
• Experience managing distributor inventories, pricing, and programming
• Experience selling to on-premise and off-premise accounts
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to teach and motivate distributor sales personnel
• Outgoing, approachable personality (In this role is you are the “face” of the brand.
• Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
• Must be effective through others, manage time well and prioritize tasks.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
• Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.
Compensation: DOE/Competitive Benefits