Provide hands on leadership in managing all aspects of the Silverado Vineyards tasting room, working to develop a team that passionately promotes the winery brand and delivers a memorable experience for every visitor. Establish and strictly maintain high standards of performance in all areas - including customer service, meeting sales, conversion and budget goals, and wine club enrollment, management of visual presentation, motivation and development of tasting room staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Team Motivation and Sales Performance Management (50%)
• Lead by example and help motivate team to achieve sales revenue, wine club and mailing list conversion targets.
• Provide ongoing support and insight into developing and delivering exceptional Silverado Vineyards guest experiences.
• Establish and uphold peak performance criteria that result in increased sales, improved operational efficiency and long term staff retention.
• Communicate clear performance expectations through consistent, ongoing constructive feedback to all team members.
• Support training and education that result in measurable improvement in tasting room sales.
• In cooperation with the Tasting Room Manager, help evaluate effectiveness of training by performing periodic reviews and auditing, via regularly scheduled mystery shopping, customer feedback. Implement changes or schedule additional training as needed.
• Maintain a meaningful rewards and recognition program that provides team members an incentive to meet sales goals, reward top performers and build a culture of team excellence.
• In close collaboration with the Wine Club Management team, develop and maintain successful growth of the Silverado Vineyards Wine Clubs.
• Ensure Wine Club members receive personalized, attentive service during every visit, taking note of their preferences and purchases to build a long term, loyal relationship.
2. Tasting Room Operations & Supervision (50%)
• In the absence of the Tasting Room Manager, successfully coordinate all aspects of daily tasting room operations – POS and inventory accuracy, shipping orders, customer data capture.
• Monitor sales trends and customer service standards, adjusting strategy as needed to meet goals. Proactively and regularly communicate feedback to Tasting Room Manager.
Oversee wine & merchandise order and cycle count processes, ensuring accuracy and reliability of inventory data.
Ensure all areas of the visitor center reflect a focused brand direction. Examples include:
• Key brand messages accurately and consistently conveyed in every staff/guest interaction.
• Tasting room visual merchandising focused and helps promote the brand story
• Staff dress code is appropriate to brand image
Develop a consistent, reliable means of monitoring customer feedback on tasting room service and operations, recommending and implementing changes as needed to create an ongoing, profitable sales relationship
Tasting Room staff – Part Time and seasonal
Lead Sales Associate – Full time
Skills: Natural team building leader with proven ability to motivate, train and develop others. Excellent organizational skill, combined with the ability to coordinate multiple resources and activities while still maintaining an excellent attention to detail. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to be self-motivated and work independently to achieve deadlines. Strong wine knowledge, sensory ability to taste and describe components of wine and recommend wine and food pairings.
Five years’ experience managing specialty hospitality or location with an emphasis on sales, preferably in a tourist/retail environment. College degree or its equivalent, preferably in the area of business management. A demonstrated ability to fiscally manage the assets of a comparable business including operations, expenses, visual presentation and inventory integrity. WISE professional certification preferred.
Knowledge: A comprehensive understanding of the hospitality business and a passion for wine
and food. Respect for the values and mission of Silverado Vineyards and an ability to carry them forth through the visitor experience.
Physical: Ability and desire to work extended hours including evenings and weekends during peak season. Team player with a can-do attitude and ability to work on feet for at least 4 hours, lift and carry a case of wine (50 LBS).
Other: Must be at least 21 years of age; possess a valid CA driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
Foreign language skills, advanced PC skills, WISE Academy certification highly desirable