Jackson Family Wines is a family owned company based inSanta Rosa,Californiathat oversees all of the wine production and marketing for the Jackson Family, including such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Murphy-Goode, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey,Cambriaand Byron. The family owns thousands of acres of prime vineyard land inCalifornia, as well as wineries and vineyards inAustralia,Chile,FranceandItaly. The family also owns numerous other wine industry businesses, including a barrel maker, and distribution companies.
Qualified candidates will have a degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, Biology, or related field, with the following skills: spoken and written English, computer; time management; attention to detail; organization; able to work in a fast paced environment. Spanish language is a plus, but not required. Prior wine production experience in QA/QC is a plus. Requires work schedule flexibility, day or night shift. Must be able to lift 35 lbs and be able to stand for long periods of time.
The individual in this position will be responsible for monitoring pre-bottled wine quality and performing quality line audits on wine and wine packaging during bottling. Additional duties include microbial plating and chemical analyses.
* Perform wine tracking to ensure legality of product label prior to bottling.
* Perform routine production line quality audits.
* Work with production to maintain wine and packaging quality
* Document sample results and create/update various files, forms, and reports using a computer.
* Prepare chemicals and plating media.
* Plate wine samples aseptically and efficiently.
* Accurately perform basic wine chemistry analysis.
* Track wine movement to bottling tank and verify that analysis is complete and within approved specifications.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zxs6syt