Quintessential is a National Importer / Marketer based in Napa, California. Our mission is to nurture a roster of Family-Owned wineries from around the world whose wines reflect the best expressions and highest quality of their particular appellations.
The Chain Account executive is responsible for growing our business in national retail chains. The successful candidate will work with the Quintessential owners to establish a strong presence at the chain headquarter level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify potential and actual opportunities within individual chain accounts and implement corresponding strategies to grow our business.
• Develop and make presentations for new authorizations and features.
• Develop, implement and monitor short and long term strategic account plans to attain distribution, merchandising and feature goals with assigned chain targets.
• Establish and maintain a successful working relationship with all assigned chain buyers and other key personnel.
• Work closely with owners to set price and program goals.
• Monitor competitive activity in each account to ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated, communicated and executed.
• Conduct random surveys of pricing, placements and display commitments. Inform and correct where appropriate.
• Ensure programs will build brand equity through proper positioning, promotion and price.
• Analyze chain performance through Nielsen (when available) and Diver data.
• Participate in special chain events and tasting opportunities.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Five years sales experience in the drinks industry – preferably wine focused.
• Established relationships with Key Chain buyers.
•Excellent sales abilities, strong presentation and public speaking skills are essential and required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal and listening skills are required.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritize and pre-plan effectively.
• Ability to multi-task and respond quickly and accurately to demanding situations are required.
• Must be energetic and a self starter.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Diver required.
• Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, for special events is required.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license, a clean DMV record and maintain current auto insurance coverage.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please include "Chain Executive" in subject line if email response. In the body of the email include a list of your key chain account relationships.
We are looking for the "best of the best." If that is not you, don't apply.
No phone calls please.