Jackson Family Wines is a family owned company based inSanta Rosa,Californiathat oversees all of the wine production and marketing for the Jackson Family, including such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Murphy-Goode, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey,Cambriaand Byron. The family owns thousands of acres of prime vineyard land inCalifornia, as well as wineries and vineyards inAustralia,Chile,FranceandItaly. The family also owns numerous other wine industry businesses, including a barrel maker, and distribution companies.
This position is located at KJ Vineyards & Winery of Monterey in Soledad, CA.
General Description of Duties:
Under general direction of the Shop Manager, this Mechanic will be responsible for set-up, installation, repair and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment as well as fabricating metal parts and tools. Must be knowledgeable in repair and diagnosis of equipment problems, overhauls, pumps, motors and other equipment by performing the following duties:
* Communicates with drivers and operators regarding equipment problems so repairs are done properly
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of repairs
* Is knowledgeable of electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery
* Suggests changes in work environment or use of equipment to increase shop efficiency and work crew
* Exhibits precise, correct practices when dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery
* Able to examine vehicle damage or malfunction and discusses with manager proposed repair plan
* Responsible for smooth flow of work schedule to assure repairs are done in a timely manner
* Able to apply practical aptitude, think ahead of project and identify potential problems
* Follows company policies and safety practices when performing job duties
* Able to read and interpret specifications, repair manuals, wiring diagrams
* Able to diagnose malfunctions in farm machinery and equipment
* Able to generate parts requisitions and maintain parts inventory
* Maintains and codes invoices applicable to parts ordered
* Adjust work procedures to meet completion schedules
* Welds and fabricates items from blueprints or drawings
* Special projects as assigned by the Shop Manager
Experience and Training:
Requires completion of technical school or 2-3 years related experience, a valid California driver’s license, as well as forklift certification. This position requires good communication skills and the ability to communicate well with equipment operators. Although this position has no supervisory responsibilities, incumbent should have a working knowledge of what work and responsibilities are necessary to run the shop smoothly and be able to fill-in temporarily during the shop manager’s absence.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7f7gzfv