Perform and manage all bottling line maintenance, which includes machine adjustments, preventive maintenance, repairs, trouble shooting, construction, installation and line changes. This includes electrical work, welding, plumbing, pipe fitting, machine repair, fabrication, machining, sheet metal work and when required heavy physical labor. Train other staff members in bottling line maintenance. Strong electrical background including working knowledge of PLC’s and VFD’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Perform Bottling Line maintenance, which includes machine adjustments, preventive maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting. Request supplies for projects and repair maintenance inventory. (60%)
• Read and understand machine manuals, blue prints, electrical drawings;
• Communicate mechanical conditions of bottling equipment to Bottling Maintenance Supervisor, coordinate repairs and maintenance with bottling team.
• Monitor line conditions for repair and maintenance assignments.
Maintain shop organization (Change parts, spare parts, records, machinery, tools etc)
• Review and modify PM schedule, review all bottling maintenance work orders after completion.
• Order equipment repair and spare parts as needed and Maintain and organize shop (Change parts, spare parts, records, machinery, tools, etc.).
• Develop and oversee annual maintenance during harvest shutdown.
2) Under the direction of the Bottling Maintenance Supervisor, evaluate and revise Work Procedures and Plans including documentation, planning and performance of package changeovers. Responsible for coordination of projects, equipment modification and installation of line changes. (30%)
• Under the direction of the Bottling Maintenance Supervisor, establish standards for machine set-up and operation (i.e. procedures and protocols, control of package application to meet quality control standards and improve line efficiencies).
• Plan for effective line changeovers.
• Assist bottling team to analyze down time reports to identify and make possible corrections excessive down time.
• As necessary, make recommendations for purchase of high value repair and maintenance materials.
• Design, develop, and implement equipment installations or systems on the bottling lines.
• Assist in evaluating and testing supplies or redesigned packages and communicate the results.
3) Train Other team members in Bottling Line Maintenance: (5%)
4) Safety Training Additional functions of the position: (5%)
• Participate in safety program and assist in safety training for machine operators.
• Assist bottling personnel during production.
• Drive company vehicles when required.
• Drive forklift to move supplies and equipment.
• Department and shop clean up.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Contractors, Temporary Staff, and in the absence of the Manager/Supervisor(s) assist in directing Constellation Brands team members.
Minimum of five years of general experience and/or vocational training in bottling line equipment/production equipment repair, machine blueprint reading, as well as electrical schematics reading. Experience in oxyacetylene, arc welding, plumbing, operating machine shop equipment and/or other industrial trade skills.
Perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision. Able to interact well with co-workers. Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written English. Able to accept constructive criticism. Able to understand and follow work rules and procedures. Use proper safety equipment and safety procedures. Possess good computer skills. Able to train others on bottling procedures. Bilingual English to Spanish communication skills highly preferred.
Strong understanding of Bottling operations. Understanding of Winery operations preferred. Forklift certification.
Must possess a valid CA driver's license and must have an acceptable driving record or have the ability to travel. Able to work flexible shifts and schedules including overtime. May be asked to perform other tasks not directly related to Maintenance including assisting in Break and Lunch Rotation, operation of bottling machinery. Must be shift flexible and willing to work Overtime as needed.
Physical Requirements / Other:
• Able to lift and carry 70 pounds.
• Able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and/or kneel for a minimum of eight hours per day in two hour intervals.
• Must be able to use a respirator.