Sokol Blosser Winery, located in heart of Oregon's wine country, is one of the state's most well-known wineries. Our mission is to be a winery in which people feel a personal connection because of the high quality of our products, the good to the earth way they're produced, and the engaging authenticity of our family and employees. Our estate vineyard is certified organic, and we strive to make elegant wines with a sense of place and personality.
The Tasting Room Manager must be a highly skilled candidate versed in the highest standards of customer service, sales and hospitality as well as motivate and train a staff to offer the ultimate tasting experience for our guests. A passion for food and wine is preferred.
This position is responsible for managing staff, day to day operations of the tasting room, trade and guest experiences as well as meeting sales goals and creating, managing and adhering to an annual budget. This role will work closely with the Hospitality manager to assure events run smoothly.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: TR management of staff, retail and inventory management, daily reporting, creating sales targets, educating guests, and portraying excellent customer service.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• BA/BS with 5+ years related hospitality management (wine, retail, restaurant) experience
• Passionate about wine and the wine/food lifestyle. Interested to learn more about Oregon wines.
• Able to work well in a team environment and in close working conditions with employees and customers.
• Knowledge of food and wine pairing to educate the guest
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Strong reasoning, judgment, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Creative thinking skills and able to think outside the box
• A desire to build, mentor and grow TR staff knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent training skills; able to teach and demonstrate various skills
• Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office)
This is an exempt position Thursday-Monday 8:30a-5:30p hours will fluctuate as needed, including weekends and some evenings. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift and carry 45 pounds.
Sokol Blosser Winery offers competitive compensation plus excellent benefits.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Candidates preferred who reside in Yamhill County.