Geyser Peak has found a new home! Located near the intersection of Westside Road and Highway 101, the new home for Geyser Peak is on one of the busiest wine corridors in northern Sonoma County and within walking distance of bustling downtown Healdsburg. Our Enologist will be working out of this new facility.
Geyser Peak Winery is seeking an Enologist to coordinate daily operations of Quality/Laboratory. Responsible for timely tracking and data entry of must and wine analyses to ensure product quality and compliance with state and federal regulations. Provides project support to the winemaking and operations teams and as part of the Quality Management System, collaborates with internal departments to assure optimal product quality.
• Coordinates and is able to perform all routine chemical/physical analyses during harvest, bottling and storage phases of production. Develops process improvements as appropriate.
• Reviews daily analyses for accuracy and completion and maintains records (including database input).
• Communicates analytical and sensory results
• Performs daily processing and data entry of cellar work orders and records as well as grape receiving, and bulk wine shipments into the winemaker’s database (WMDB) system.
• Keeps records of grape samples, must and wine analysis to ensure quality of the product in all production processes and compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Serves as primary backup and support for Assistant Winemaker including data entry and work order generation.
• Contributes to establishing winemaking processes and procedures to ensure wine quality, style and winemaking operations meet expectations.
• Responsible for the maintenance and update of MSDS information for the QA Lab.
• Generates WMDB reports for winemaking
• Assists in the development of blends and assures compliance with TTB regulations.
• Ensures that equipment preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance are accomplished to maintain equipment in good working order.
• Participates in Quality Control/Assurance procedures
• Participates in sensory tasting when requested
• Participates in wine sampling and tasting trials to support winemaking goals.
• Produces lab blends and fining trials, participating in sensory evaluation when requested
• Attends educational seminars, classes and technical meetings as appropriate
• Actively promote a positive atmosphere and culture of excellence through leadership, teamwork, job knowledge, work ethic and flexibility.
• May represent the winery at trade and consumer events as requested.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Enology or related field preferred
• Minimum 2 years experience in a QC/QA, laboratory environment, packaging analysis environment, or other applicable field.
• High level of computer proficiency in MS Office and database applications
• Wine knowledge preferred
• Excellent (English) verbal and written communication skills required
• Strong analytical, mathematical, organizational and teamwork skills
• Must be accurate, detail oriented, and able to prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to carry projects through to completion with minimal direction.
• Good teamwork, supervisory, communication and organizational skills required
• Must have a valid Drivers’ License and ability to be insured under the company’s auto insurance policy (see physical requirements, below).
• Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy, and involve exposure to hazardous conditions.
• While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various parts of the winery.
• Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs, required.
• Also requires sitting and operating a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs on an infrequent basis.
• Requires the ability to work overtime and a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs, including swing/night shift and weekends during harvest.
• This position requires the ability to drive between facilities on a regular basis.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We’re proud to offer our employees excellent compensation and benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). Please send us your resume, salary history and letter of introduction that reflects your experience as it relates to the requirements for this position.
We offer employment opportunities that range from the vine to the glass. For more information, please visit:
About Accolade Wines: Drawing on a proud heritage with Hardys, one of the first wineries established in Australia, Accolade Wines has matured into a global wine company with some of the world’s best-known brands including Geyser Peak, Hardys, Banrock Station and XYZin among others, which are sold in over 80 countries, including Australia, the U.K., Mainland Europe, the U.S., Canada, Japan and China.