West Wines is a family operated boutique winery in Dry Creek Valley. The estate vineyards have been operating since 1998. The focus is on producing European style wines of high quality in limited series. Initially West Wines exported wines to Northern Europe and the Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve was selected for the Nobel Awards Banquet. As a result we see many international guests in the tasting room. The tasting room has been in operation for only two years with ever increasing sales. We plan to keep expanding locally as well as nationally and internationally.
We are looking for an energetic entrepreneurial person to help us grow our wine business. You will wear many hats while helping us build the tasting room experience as well as the marketing process. Working directly with the owners you will help us evolve operations of the tasting room as well as the marketing and sales of our wines, in person, online and over the phone to existing and new customers This position requires someone who has drive and enthusiasm as well as proven sales and hospitality experience. You also need to be organized and pay attention to details while being able to multi-task. You must enjoy providing high-touch customer service and create a team around you while doing so. It is essential that you embrace the story and vision of our winery and can translate who we are into an experience for the visitor. You must be able to portray the essence of our winery in all communications written or verbal, online or in person. Success will be measured by increased visitor traffic, sales, and wine club membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage tasting room and increase sales by creating an outstanding experience
• Develop close relationships with local industry partners such as restaurants, hotels, wineries
• Create activities to increase tasting room traffic and sales.
• Continue to develop the Wine Club offerings and increase membership.
• Increase online sales by innovative programs to existing and new clients
• Understand winery vision and translate it into daily activities and communication
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Wine education and/or strong passion for wine
• Customer service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
• At least 2 years supervisory experience
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience with email marketing, web sales and social media
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone, through email, and in person
• Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, POS, social media tools)
• College degree preferred
• Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs
• At least 21 years of age
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some holidays