This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
• Enroll new employees in company benefits upon eligibility. Process all changes, including additions, changes, and terminations. Update employee information on carrier sites as needed.
• Maintain monthly billing spreadsheets in Excel, and provide information to Finance for journal entries.
• Reconcile monthly carrier benefit statements, and request wire transfer or checks from Finance.
• Set-up and make changes to deductions in the payroll system for health, flexible spending, HSA, etc.
• Serve as the primary coordinator during annual open enrollment, to include: assistance with annual benefit census, distribution of materials to employees, open enrollment meetings, follow through on collection of forms, processing changes with carriers, updating the payroll system with necessary changes, and updating all internal communications.
• Act as primary contact for employees regarding company benefit plans. Assist with resolution of all questions and concerns.
• Establish good working relationships with broker and carrier contacts in order to resolve employee questions, concerns, billing issues, or other situations.
• Assist as needed with the annual Benefits Plan 5500
• Coordinate with external COBRA Administrator as needed to address current situations or concerns.
• Maintain benefit records and internal documents
• Act as point of contact for employees regarding the company 401k plan. Help resolve any questions or concerns that arise.
• Process reports on a bi-weekly basis, and reconcile 401k contributions and loans to the payroll register. Upload required files to the provider’s site with close attention to deadline for submission.
• Set up all employee contributions and changes in the payroll system.
• Coordinate distribution of written materials, to include: plan information for new hires, participant notices, and educational materials.
• Help coordinate annual educational meetings for employees.
• Coordinate the yearly 401k census
• Serve as the primary coordinator for the annual 401k audit, including providing all the information requested by the auditors and all necessary follow up.
• Assist with coordination of the annual 401k 5500, working directly with our outside administrator.
• Prepare new hire packets and conduct benefits orientation for new employees
• Assist with job postings on internal and external sites, the ADP Recruitment Portal, and distribution of resumes to hiring managers.
• Administer all leave of absences to include, but not limited to, PDL, FMLA, CFRA, and Military Leave.
• Cross train in payroll and commission processing using ADP Workforce Now.
• Assist Human Resources team with internal company functions including in-house lunches and special events
• Assist with other duties as required by manager
• High School diploma, 2 year college degree in business or accounting preferred
• Minimum of 2 years previous benefits administration experience
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi task
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Previous experience with ADP Workforce Now and report writing helpful.
• Possess a team attitude, willingness to learn new things and work through changes in a positive manner
• Trustworthy with confidential information
• Employee is responsible for following established work procedures and safety guidelines in their area
• Must attend or participate in provided training
• Follow all company safety rules and regulations and apply safe work practices in all job tasks
• Report safety hazards and unsafe conditions to his/her supervisor or safety committee
• Provide, when appropriate, recommendations on how to eliminate or reduce a discovered safety hazard
• Report all injuries or near misses to supervisor
• Never take on physical tasks that you have not been trained for or have the capacity to perform (example – heavy lifting)
Benefit program includes PPO and HMO medical plan options, PPO and HMO dental plan options, a vision plan, a Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), life and long term disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan: paid vacation and sick time.