Delicato Family Vineyards (DFV Wines) has an immediate career opportunity for a Vice President – National Accounts in our Napa Executive office.
DFV Wines is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. DFV Wines is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the DFV Wines portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, First Press, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino and Twisted.
The Vice President of National Accounts leads, develops and directs the National Chain Account team to meet and exceed business plans and performance objectives. This position is responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of strategic sales initiatives. This position leverages and integrates the Consumer Insights and Category Analytics function to drive fact based selling along with building a team and establishing preferred supplier status with each account as well as distributors.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, with an emphasis in Sales or Marketing
• Minimum of ten plus years’ experience in direct wine sales delivering $100 million plus revenue with appropriate reports
• Established record in developing and building aggressive and competent sales organizations, meeting and exceeding sales goals within established budgets, and contributing to successful sales plans and strategies
• Experienced in sales of products with three tier distribution systems; producer, wholesaler, and retailer in a decentralized sales organizational environment
• Familiarity with value-added products and development or utilization of sales training programs
• Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills with strong management background
• High level of financial and business acumen; develop P&L statements, budgeting, forecasting, pricing, and deal structures
• Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy; read and evaluate sales and marketing reports, analysis, and trends
• Ability to stay current with company brands, programs, initiatives, policies and procedures as well as products offered by the company’s competition
• Executive presence to influence senior decision-makers
• Proficient in desktop applications (MS preferred)
Delicato offers its employees a very generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.