J.Lohr Vineyards & Wines seeks to add an additional self-motivated, high energy salesperson to call on On-Premise and Off-Premise Broad Market accounts in the Orange County, California market. Responsibilities include presentations and sales to new accounts, as well as maintenance of existing and key accounts in market. The successful applicant will also work with distributor representatives to increase distribution and account base.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. SAFETY: Maintain a high level of safety awareness. Responsible for adherence to all safety procedures in all aspects of the job, including while driving, handling cases of wine, participating in tastings, and entertaining distributors and customers.
2. SALES: Works with the Divisional and Regional Manager to develop the sales plan for assigned territory. Performs sales and customer service activities to meet or exceed sales goals. Regularly visits key on and off premise accounts through account calls and sales ride-withs.
3. PRODUCT EDUCATION: Educates key accounts on products and merchandising. Provides information and training to sales representatives. Communicates product knowledge, winery plans and priorities during sales ride-withs. Conducts Descriptor Seminar, trade tastings, wine symposiums and winery dinners. Ensures that retailers and sales representatives can sell J. Lohr wines with confidence and have the tools they need to effectively represent J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines in the marketplace.
4. SALES REPORTING: Complete and maintain key account lists and prepare follow-up letters. Document sales activity and objectives. Report expenses accurately and in a timely manner.
5. DISTRIBUTOR PROGRAMMING: Work with the Divisional and Regional Manager to develop programs and incentives that will motivate distributors and sales representatives to highlight J. Lohr products. Communicates approved programs to distributors and assists in implementation. Tracks programs for effectiveness.
6. DISTRIBUTOR RELATIONSHIPS: Develop and maintain positive relationships with distributor salespeople and supervisors in assigned territory. Communicate annual plans and goals. Monitor performance and recommend corrective action as needed.
7. TEAMWORK: Adheres to, communicates and supports company policies and decisions in a positive manner. Cooperates with personnel in other departments to ensure the best overall results for J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines. Works with other J. Lohr Managers to provide support when needed. Assists in the execution of national programs throughout the territory.
8. OTHER DUTIES: As with all positions at J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines, other jobs or special projects may arise outside the realm of this job description. Doing other assignments or doing special projects on a fill-in basis is expected of every employee.
1. This position requires a valid Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the Winery’s insurance carrier. This will be a condition of employment.
2. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent experience. At least 2 years’ experience as a wine & spirits supplier and / or distributor sales experience is required.
3. MUST RESIDE IN IMMEDIATE Orange County area.
4. Proficiency with, basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook.
5. Knowledge of the Orange County area market key accounts, both on and off - premise.
6. Must possess and exhibit excellent communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires the following levels of physical activity:
1. Extensive (2/3 of the time) sitting, standing, walking
2. Moderate (1/3 of the time) carrying and lifting 25-50 pounds, with both hands simple grasping, pulling/pushing, and fine manipulation.
3. Some (less than 1/3 of the time) bending, reaching over or below the shoulder.
4. Air travel 5-10% of the time.
PLEASE RESPOND EMAIL ONLY, ATTACH RESUME IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT.