New Vines OS Feature Streamlines Club Member Signup During Online Checkout
October 16, 2014, San Jose, CA — Vines OS, a comprehensive eCommerce winery solution built specifically for wineries, announces a new feature that encourages online Wine Club signups while purchasing online. Club discounts are clearly displayed, along with a simple pop up window that allows shoppers to select the Club option of their choice, without ever leaving the checkout page.
Because Vines OS has built in Fed Ex and UPS integration, shipping costs and taxes are automatically displayed up front, clearly informing the consumer of these costs before they’ve entered all their credit card information. This helps avoid those all too frequent cart abandonments that plague online wine sales.
Additionally, shoppers do not need to login or create an account to purchase wine.
Research shows that up to 75% of users will abandon a cart if forced to register or login while making a purchase. In another study, online purchases increased by as much as 45% when forced registration was removed.
Long time Vines OS client, Cinnabar Winery, is already taking advantage of this powerful new feature. "Once again Vines OS takes the lead in tasting room software application. Their updates in enabling club sign ups at check out are simple, yet highly effective," observed Frank Cates, director sales and marketing, Cinnabar Winery.
ABOUT VINES OS
Vines OS is a powerful web-based platform built just for the unique needs of wineries. It gives you the ability to easily manage:
- Website updates, whenever you need them: no need to wait for your web developer to get around to it
- Total wine e-commerce
- Club Membership, including credit card processing, shipping and tracking
- Event ticketing
- Sales materials for the trade
- Photo galleries
- Search engine visibility and optimization
- Social media integration
Unique features of Vines OS include:
- Control of every aspect of wine e-commerce: which states you can ship to; tax charges per state; member discounts; shipping costs, etc.
- Customers don't need to create an account just to buy wine. Club members are recognized and given appropriate discounts without having to sign-in.
- Taxes and shipping fees are calculated up front, reducing "cart abandonment:” the #1 pitfall for e-commerce.
- Buyers can order event tickets at the same time they buy wine.
- Web site updates are simple and intuitive: just click the 'edit' button on any web page once you're logged in.
- Easily create club shipments and process all the credit cards in a few clicks.
- Achieve your own top rankings in Google, with DIY search engine optimization and Google-friendly URLs.
To learn more about Vines OS, visit the website at www.vinesos.com, where you can take a tour, view product features, see examples of the product in action, check out the pricing options and request a demo of the software.