Cristom Vineyards Names Didier Porteaud as Director of Estate Sales, Announces Expanded Hospitality Program
Salem, OR, July 15th: Celebrating 27 years as one of Oregon’s leading Pinot Noir producers, Cristom Vineyards will be unveiling dramatic expansions to their hospitality program, launching July 2019. Leading this exciting evolution in guest experiences is Cristom’s new Director of Estate Sales, Didier Porteaud, former General Manager and Wine Director of Portland, OR’s iconic RingSide Steakhouse.
Originally hailing from Bordeaux, France, Porteaud’s youth spent working in his family’s restaurant, combined with an early education in Bordeaux wines lead by his father, created the perfect backdrop to his future career as a staple in Portland’s vibrant fine dining scene. Over his 5 years with RingSide Steakhouse, Porteaud institutionalized the city’s highest level of hospitality within his team of 75, while expanding one of Portland’s finest wine programs. Prior to his RingSide tenure, Porteaud also opened and managed the Pearl District’s beloved former Ten01, and also served as General Manager and Wine Director at Bruce Carey Restaurant’s stalwart Portland fixture, Bluehour.
Working in tandem with Porteaud is Cristom’s Director of Membership & Education, Gaironn Poole, formerly of Goodfellow Family Cellars and also former Beverage Director for Bruce Carey Restaurants, who joined the Cristom team in May 2018. Together, Porteaud and Poole will oversee the development and launch of the company’s most ambitious hospitality expansion to date, more than doubling the winery’s current hosting capacity. New programs include:
- The launch of a year-round Ecotourism program, offering comprehensive access for the first time ever to all 240 acres of the Cristom estate, via private car
- Two new tasting salons, available for elevated tasting experiences as well as meeting facilities for business clients
- Multiple by-reservation tasting options, including a new “Educational Experience” that utilizes soil samples, scent vials, and topographical maps alongside an extended wine flight
- A new, 1200’ sf. garden patio terrace, overlooking the namesake of Cristom’s flagship Pinot Noir cuvée and the second-tallest peak in Oregon, Mt. Jefferson
- A seasonally-inspired, estate-driven food program, including pre-packed picnic baskets featuring seasonal selections from the Estate gardens
- New tasting flights and by-the-glass options for walk-in guests
To schedule any one of Cristom’s new offerings, please contact our hospitality team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.375.3068, or simply visit www.cristomvineyards.com/Visit-Us. Didier Porteaud can also be reached directly at email@example.com.
Founded in 1992, Cristom Vineyards began with a goal of growing world-class Pinot Noir. 27 years later, second-generation winegrower and owner Tom Gerrie leads our winemaking and vineyard teams in tending our Estate vineyards and producing elegant, dynamic wines, recognizable by our hallmark style of whole-cluster fermentation by native yeasts. Cristom’s wines are sold in 49 states and more than 30 international markets around the world. Our flagship wine, the value-driven Mt Jefferson Cuvée Pinot Noir, was recognized in 2018 as the #1 Pinot Noir on America’s best wine lists by the Wine & Spirits Magazine Annual Restaurant Poll, while Cristom Vineyards was ranked the 10th most popular brand overall.