Sonoma County Wine Month Begins April 1
March 31, 2021
SANTA ROSA, California – March 30, 2021 – With blossoming flowers, longer days and warmer temperatures – there’s a number of reasons to celebrate the spring season and this year there is one more as Sonoma County Vintners have established the first spring-time Sonoma County Wine Month in the program’s history. Beginning April 1, many of Sonoma County’s wineries will be hosting special experiences and offering in-person and virtual specials, in addition to shipping promotions.
“With the start of the new growing season and Earth Day, April is a terrific time to celebrate what makes Sonoma County unique,” said Michael Haney, executive director of Sonoma County Vintners.” As the world’s most sustainable wine region and one of the most diverse – with more than 60 varietals of wines and 18 distinct American Viticulultural Areas – Sonoma County is like truly nowhere else in the world. We look forward to showcasing the region and the innovative in-person/virtual experiences and exclusive offers our wineries have developed throughout April.”
From in-person events like a dinner series and sunset tastings to virtual experiences and private virtual happy hours, participating wineries are rolling out the red carpet as everyone from the casual wine lover to the connoisseur come together to celebrate this unique wine region.
A sampling of upcoming events and promotions taking place during Sonoma County Wine Month can be found below, or click here to see the full list:
- Italian-Inspired Spring Release at Muscardini Cellars
- Brunch in the Vineyard with Enriquez Estate Wines
- Apple Blossoms Sip & Paint Party at Taft Street Winery
- Olive Grove Experience at Medlock Ames’ Historic Healdsburg Tasting Room
- Flambeaux Wine Week at Region in Sebastopol
- Exclusive Estate Tasting at Merry Edwards Winery
- "In the Kitchen" with Bricoleur Vineyards
- Pinot Hill Communal Virtual Tasting with Emeritus Vineyards
- BACA Wines Virtual Happy Hour Sip Series
- Tips from the Garden and Live from the Vineyards with Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery
- Honey & Olive Oil Virtual Tasting at Dry Creek Vineyard
- Whisk Away to Wine Country and Virtual Makers Series from Gary Farrell Vineyards & Winery
- CAST Wines’ Pour-It-Forward Experience
- $1 shipping on all purchases from Chappellet Vineyard
- $10 off “Taste of Sonoma” experience from Chateau St. Jean
- 25 percent off on case purchases from D & L Carinalli Vineyards
- 2-for-1 wine private seated wine tasting at Dutcher Crossing
Wineries are currently open for outdoor tastings throughout the county. Visitors can expect COVID-19 mitigation protocols such as social distancing and face covering requirements to be in place and are encouraged to contact any winery they plan to visit for reservations and updates on current COVID-19 mitigation procedures before visiting.
To learn more and sign up for various program offerings, visit www.sonomawine.com.
About Sonoma County Vintners
Sonoma County Vintners is the leading voice of Sonoma County wine, dedicated to raising awareness of Sonoma County as one of the world’s premier wine regions which was named Wine Region of the Year by Wine Enthusiast in 2019. Sonoma County Vintners represents over 260 wineries throughout the county. The organization actively promotes Sonoma County through educational programming; advocates for its members at local, state and federal levels; and contributes to the local communities through our Sonoma County Vintners Foundation. Sonoma County Wine Auction, its annual fundraiser, has raised over $37 million benefitting non-profit organizations throughout the region. To learn more about Sonoma County Vintners, visit sonomawine.com.
Follow on Social Media