Concours Mondial du Sauvignon: The Results are Out
March 19, 2021
Brussels, 18 March 2021 - The results of the Concours Mondial du Sauvignon have just been revealed. Over 1,200 Sauvignons were tasted in ‘lockdown’ mode, with safety measures fully enforced.
The organisers orchestrated four days of tasting with irreproachable professionalism. Strict safety measures were applied throughout the event, from the table lay-out to serving the wines and disinfecting the equipment.
View all the results here.
The rise, and rise, of Sauvignon blanc in the global marketplace
The international juggernaut, the go-to wine, the fastest-growing wine style… There is no shortage of descriptors to illustrate Sauvignon blanc’s meteoric rise in sales and popularity over the past few years. More adventurous consumers are moving from home-grown to more exotic provenances and Sauvignon’s broad-ranging flavour spectrum is undeniably one of its greatest assets, underpinning its global success.
Read the full article by the Editorial Group: https://cmsauvignon.com/en/the-rise-and-rise-of-sauvignon-blanc-in-the-global-marketplace/
A new tool to promote Sauvignon
The Concours Mondial du Sauvignon is currently putting the finishing touches to a guide reviewing all the major Sauvignon producer regions across the globe. From the Loire to Austria, via Rueda and South Africa, it aims to provide industry members and consumers alike with a major compendium of Sauvignon styles, growing environments, facts and figures. It contains profiles written by several well-known contributors from all the leading producer countries, including Emma Jenkins MW, Gabrielle Vizzavona, Pedro Ballesteros MW, Deborah Parker Wong and Sharon Nagel. The guide is due to be released shortly.
In addition to the silver and gold medals, the competition also awarded a number of Revelation trophies to wines scoring highest in their category.
- Dubourdieu Trophy (Best Competing Sauvignon) : Tokara Reserve Collection, Elgin, South Africa (2020)
- Tonnellerie Sylvain Trophy (Oaked Sauvignon Revelation) : Ried Sernauberg Exzellenz, South Styria, Austria (2018)
- Blend Revelation : Château de l’Hoste, Vieilles Vignes, Entre-deux-Mers, Bordeaux (2019)
- Medium-Dry Revelation : Dvoracek, Late Harvest Reserva, Slovacka, Czech Republic (2015)
- France Revelation : Domaine de la Croix des Orbinières, Touraine, France (2020)
- Loire Revelation : Château Favray, Pouilly Fumé, Loire
- Austria Revelation : Peter Skoff, Ried Kranachberg, South Styria, Austria (2018)
- New Zealand Revelation : Brancott Estate, Letter Series B, Marlborough, New Zealand (2020)
- Italy Revelation : Ploner, Sauvignon Exclusiv, Alto Adige, Italy (2019)