Beaulieu Vineyard Georges de Latour Auction Lot Attracts $260,000 Bid
June 12, 2019
At this year’s 39th annual Auction Napa Valley Fundraiser, which took place Saturday, June 1, 2019, at Meadowood Napa Valley’s 5-Star Resort, Beaulieu Vineyard was honored to sell the 80th anniversary Georges de Latour Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Celebration Lot for $260,000, contributing a significant amount to the nearly $12M raised for the Napa Valley community and helped return the spotlight to Beaulieu Vineyard at Napa’s biggest stage.
Since 1981, Auction Napa Valley, the Napa Valley Vintners’ (NVV) annual community fundraiser, which is considered the most celebrated charity wine auction with 900 wealthy wine enthusiasts in attendance, has utilized the worldwide reputation of Napa Valley wines and the scenic beauty of the region to enhance the health and wellbeing of the Napa County community.
Beaulieu Vineyard was recognized by the bidders as a standout experience, with the Lot receiving a higher winning bid total than well-known names like Bryant Family, Shafer, and Harlan, so was amongst the most prominent leading wineries of the day!
To mark the upcoming 80th anniversary celebration of the Georges de Latour Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon with the release of the 2016 vintage, we offered the bidder a once-in-a-lifetime experience that included:
- A 3-day once in-a-lifetime wine experience for 5 couples with 2 nights’ accommodation at our private Rutherford estate
- A series of tastings featuring 32 vintages of Beaulieu’s oldest library collection wines dating back from the 1950’s to today
- 29 bottles of multi-vintage Georges de Latour Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon to add to their personal cellar, many crafted by André Tchelistcheff
- Trevor Durling will personally host each experience, alongside special guests who will share personal stories of knowing and working with André Tchelistcheff
- Meals prepared by Michael Mina’s culinary chefs, showcasing International Smoke and a spectacular 6 course dinner
- A glass workshop and tasting with esteemed 10th-generation Master Glassmaker Georg Riedel
- A new set of wineglasses designed by Riedel in collaboration with Beaulieu Vineyard, specifically crafted for Georges de Latour
- A custom Riedel decanter and other commemorative items