Entry Deadline Extended for Wine Packaging Contest
May 03, 2019
Sonoma, Calif.—Due to increased interest from wineries to enter the fifth annual wine packaging design competition, the deadline for submissions has been extended until May 10, 2019. For details, visit wvpack.com.
Now an established fixture of the annual Wines & Vines Packaging Conference, that will take place Aug. 8, the competition has grown in influence during the past five years, bringing attention to wine industry designers and packaging material vendors while highlighting innovative packaging trends.
Entry categories include:
• Classic: Traditional glass bottle formats, judged on visual appeal, design functionality and appropriate utilization of classic bottle format.
• Alternative: Cans, boxes, bags or plastics. Judged on functionality and creative use of the format.
• Luxury: For wines retailing at $40 or more and designed for high-end restaurants and fine wine shops. Quality of packaging materials included in judging criteria.
• Package Redesign: For designs introduced to the market between May 1, 2016 and May 3, 2019. Entries must include previous and new packages.
• Series Design: Two or more pieces comprising a cohesive whole for the brand.
Primary judging will be performed by a panel of industry professionals, including designers, retailers and academics. Entries are stored in a secure space prior to judging, according to art director Rebecca Arnn, who is curating the competition.
Judges will vote independently. Arnn said each brings a different perspective on what makes a strong package. Find out more at wvpack.com.
This is Arnn’s fourth year of involvement. She said that last-minute entries are typical, and that interest is on par or ahead of last year’s competition.
The judging panel will decide on Gold through Bronze awards for each category, as well as Best in Show. Conference attendees will participate as well, viewing and voting for their top choices from among the judges’ picks to determine the winner of the People’s Choice award.
All award winners will be announced at the conference, which will be held Aug. 8 at the Lincoln Theater in Yountville, Calif. Tickets for the event are also on sale, click here to purchase.
Prizes include a trophy, certificate, recognition on the conference website and editorial coverage in the October issue of Wine Business Monthly magazine. And of course, bragging rights. Enter now.