The Paso Robles CAB Collective Announces Dates for 2016 CABs of Distinction Event
January 5, 2016 (Paso Robles, California) – Block out April 12-14 on those new 2016 calendars. You’ll be in glorious Paso Robles learning about—and tasting through—the best wines from this rising-star region.
The world-class quality of its signature Cabernet Sauvignon and red Bordeaux varietals are why Wine Enthusiast Magazine named Paso Robles Wine Region of the Year in 2013. And the annual CABs of Distinction event invites the world to discover and gain a ‘boots-in-the-vineyard’ understanding of why Paso Robles continues to win accolades and gain ground on celebrated appellations like Napa Valley and Bordeaux.
“The winemakers here could have gone anywhere in the world, but we all chose Paso,” says Winemaker & Owner, DAOU Vineyards & Winery, Daniel Daou. “And CABs of Distinction is the perfect event to learn why the toughest critics keep saying Paso produces some of the best wine in California, and in the world.”
2016 CABs of Distinction highlights include:
- The Judgement of Paso: A double-blind, sommelier-guided tasting of Cabernet Sauvignons from Napa, Bordeaux and Paso Robles.
- The Other Cabernet: In-depth exploration of the deliciously complex glories of Paso’s next big Bordeaux-style wine: Cabernet Franc.
- Know Your Cab Clones: Learn how to differentiate the different clones of Cabernet in Paso, and how choices in the vineyard are elevating Paso Robles wines.
- En Primeur & Current Vintage Tastings: Sample the latest vintages from both the barrel and just-released bottle.
- Pour Tours: Various vineyard and winery tours and experiences, including clonal analysis, barrel component tasting, blending seminars, and more, hosted by members of the Paso Robles CAB Collective.
ABOUT THE PASO ROBLES CAB COLLECTIVE
Formed in 2012, the Paso Robles CAB (Cabernet and Bordeaux) Collective (PRCC) is an independent collaborative effort of leading Paso Robles growers and producers of Cabernet and red Bordeaux varietals specific to the Paso Robles AVA in California. The PRCC strives to promote the full potential of the Paso Robles region in producing superior quality, classic and age-worthy Cabernet and red Bordeaux varietals that compete with like varietals on a global stage to consumers and media worldwide. For more information, please visit pasoroblescab.com.