Know A Wine Industry Leader Who Inspires You? Nominate Them for WBM's 2020 Feature
March 16, 2020
Sonoma, Calif.—Wine Business Monthly wants to know: who in the wine industry inspires you? Who do you think has made a recent, significant difference in the North American wine industry? Submit your nominations by March 15, 2020. All submissions will be reviewed by the WBM editorial staff, and those selected will be featured in our annual Wine Industry Leaders list, published in the October 2020 issue.
A wine industry leader is defined as someone who is brave enough to pave a new path, inspire future generations, pioneer new methods, products or technologies, or rallied behind causes they believe in. From up-and-comers to lifelong veterans, we’re looking for those that have made advancements within any sector of the wine business.
Nominate those you think have made a difference in the wine industry here. Be prepared to write a brief testimonial about why you’re nominating this person and what advancements they have made that make them a great fit for WBM’s 2020 Wine Industry Leaders list.
- Leaders must work within the North American wine industry—at wineries, vineyards, consulting firms, associations, educational institutions, retailers, restaurants, supply companies, non-profits, etc.—are eligible.
- However, if someone does not work at a wine-specific company/organization, he/she/they may still be considered if they have made a contribution that has affected the wine industry.
- The leader must have been influential/made a major contribution in the last year and have the potential to continue to affect the wine industry in the future.
- While most leaders selected will be from North America, Wine Business Monthly will not disqualify someone from another continent if his/her contribution has made a positive impact in the North American wine industry/market.
- Examples of work considered influential (though not an extensive list):
- Development of new winemaking method
- Completion of research that affects how wine is made or sold
- Creating of an organization dedicated to supporting up-and-comers in the industry
- Discovering a new way to market to bring new wine drinkers into the fold
- Invention of a product that simplifies winemaking while increasing wine quality
Please Note: If the person has been on the Wine Business Monthly Wine Industry Leaders list within the last three years, they are not eligible for this year’s list.
Our past leaders can be found here:
Based on the nominees, Wine Business Monthly will select the 2020 Wine Industry Leaders. Those chosen will be featured in our October 2020 issue. The full list will be announced at the Wine Industry Leadership Dinner, held Sept. 15, 2020 at the CIA at Copia. More information about the event can be found at wineindustryfinancial.com.