Celebrate Champagne Day October 28th
The Champagne Bureau is excited to announce that this Thursday, October 28 will be #Champagne Day around the world. No matter where you are you can join in the festivities by enjoying Champagne and blogging, tweeting, posting and sharing your thoughts and experiences. Tastings will occur internationally, including events in New York City, Napa Valley, Washington, D.C., Mendoza and Champagne. The Champagne Bureau encourages an explosion of #Champagne Day celebrations. If you need some ideas about how to celebrate or what to write about--check out the following to Top 10 ways you can join in and enjoy the bubbly!
1. All of your friends and followers will be posting and tweeting about Champagne, join in to help it trend #Champagne Day all day long!
2. It’s a chance for all you foodies to check out those French restaurants you’ve been dying to try--pair Caviar and Champagne or try a more outrageous pairing…Champagne and hot dogs anyone?
3. There are already scheduled tastings happening internationally, including events in New York City, Napa Valley, DC, Mendoza, and Champagne—join them through Twitter or organize your own tasting with friends.
4. It is a Thursday night! You were going to be drinking anyway!
5. There is no better status on Facebook or Twitter than “I’m sipping a glass of Champagne at INSERT HOT SPOT here to celebrate Champagne Day!”
6. According to scientist Bill Lembeck there are 49 million bubbles in a 750ml bottle of champagne. Why don’t you try counting them yourself?
7. It is Champagne! No wine is more fun to celebrate with.
8. Desserts and Rosé Champagnes are the perfect end to any day, especially with some delicious chocolate covered strawberries.
9. Upload photos of your favorite bottle of Champagne to your Facebook page and include your tasting notes for friends.
10. As part of this celebration, the Champagne Bureau will give away a set of tickets to its tasting at the New Yorker’s Passport to the Arts on November 13th in New York City. To win tickets, leave a comment on the Petition to Protect Wine Place and Origin on Champagne Day, October 28. One winner will be selected randomly and receive two tickets.
See you on October 28th!
About Champagne Bureau
The Champagne Bureau is the official U.S. representative of the Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne (CIVC), a trade association which represents the grape growers and houses of Champagne, France. The Bureau works to educate U.S. consumers about the uniqueness of the wines of Champagne and expand their understanding of the need to protect the Champagne name. For more information, visit us online at www.champagne.us. Follow us on Twitter at ChampagneBureau.