Winebusiness.com - Homepage for the Wine Industry

Want To Know What That Wine Blend Is? Too Bad, It's COVFEFE

Posted on July 12, 2017

The Desert Rock Wine Family has released its newest brand, Covfefe, and it’s top secret. Paul Hoffman, Founder and Winemaker, commented on his newest creation “We try to keep a great sense of humor when it comes to branding while being relevant to the times. The Covfefe concept is non-political as it just makes me smile amidst the media frenzy existing around an un-corrected misspelled tweet.”

The idea of keeping the blends secret, seems to fit the Covfefe program. “None of my family members or business partners know what the blends are. They just know it’s a serious wine behind a not so serious label,” said Hoffman. “I’m putting each of the blend specification in a safety deposit box only to be opened in an emergency.” When asked if the top secret status will frustrate consumers, Hoffman replied with a smile “ The reaction has been great, people get it. Try asking the Swiss Hotel in Sonoma for The Glarify recipe.”

The concept is one that Hoffman has had in the hopper for awhile after working in Italy during his tenure with Robert Mondavi. “I will always remember a tasting with our Italian partners where one of my colleagues kept insisting on getting the blend information prior to tasting the wines. The winemaker looked at him and said, just taste the wine already! Then, my new Italian wine hero proceeded to tell the excited American that the wine was 90% Sangiovese and the other 10% was, well, Sangiovese. I thought that was hysterical and taught us all to taste the wines for quality first rather than decoding the blend.”

The Covfefe Brand fits the Desert Rock Family well with it’s efforts to make all of their products accessible and consumer friendly while maintaining a high quality to value ratio. Covfefe is being sold in the Scottsdale tasting room and online where legal.

Desert Rock Industries is a Global Family of Wines, Spirits, and Hard Ciders with nationally/internationally distributed brands (401K and Headbanger), in addition to The Desert Rock Urban Winery/Tasting Room/Wine Education Center in Scottsdale, AZ.
 

img 1

Copyright© 1994-2019 by Wine Communications Group. All Rights Reserved. Copyright protection extends to all written material, graphics, backgrounds and layouts. None of this material may be reproduced for any reason without written permission of the Publisher. Wine Business Insider, Wine Business Monthly, Grower & Cellar News and Wine Market News are all trademarks of Wine Communications Group and will be protected to the fullest extent of the law.