SUMMARY: This role is responsible for planning and managing the production schedule for all TDP bottling locations. The Production Planner will work collaboratively with Sales, Winemaking, Bottling, and Supply Chain teams to determine optimal short term and long-term bottling plan that is aligned with TDP LRP, and sales run rates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with Wholesale Sales & Demand Planning to ensure production plan meets the requirements of the sales forecasts including secondary rework projects, market specific products, Costco programs, odd size formats and other special projects.
• Partner with DTC Sales team on yearly/vintage volume requirement and odd sizes format needs.
• Together with Director, Supply Chain Planning review risk to production dates, out of stocks and prioritization of bottling plans and bottling locations.
• Develop understanding of wine bottle ready dates, inventory release dates, and MOQ’s to be able to plan accordingly and communicate to all stakeholders “last of” and “first of” vintage bottling dates.
• Establish target days on hand inventory by product and report inventory position on core sku’s bi-weekly.
• Work collaboratively with Sr. Supply Chain Planning Manager on materials availability and changes that could impact the schedule and/or purchasing.
• Partner with production sites to understand capacity, work shifts, down-time, changeovers, etc. and incorporate into planning tools and scheduling.
• Management of NAV bottling work orders, work calendars, run rates, reporting and other input and analysis related to production and output of final product.
• Be an active participant on regularly scheduled bottling calls to ensure bottling schedule is aligned with bottling site, work order volumes are aligned with the wine available and LRP, and all work order data is up to date and accurate.
• Upon completion of bottling at third party locations and mobile bottling sites, work with site management to close out orders and validate accuracy of all transactions.
• Work with 3rd party and internal DP warehouse staff on scheduling rework and secondary packaging orders.
• Initiate process improvements, including new planning tools, schedule adherence reporting, NAV updates/upgrades, calendar management, KPI’s and other projects as needed.
• Develop SOP’s related to NAV Bottling Work Orders, Scheduling and the production planning process.
• Bachelor’s degree or an accredited degree in related field, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV or other ERP system.
• Experience with supply and/or demand planning software preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience in wine Production Planning or Supply Chain related function.
• Highly Skilled with Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge and experience with bottling operations required.
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
• Must have a CA driver license and be insurable.
• Must be a team player, be open to suggestions and able to collaborate with others across the company at all levels.
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
• Possess a pleasant, upbeat attitude with a commitment to accuracy, organization and attention to detail.
• Maintain a pleasant, courteous, and curious disposition with an ingrained sincerity to solve problems and offer solutions.
• Regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Sit at a workstation for up to 2-hour intervals.
• Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs. on occasion.
• This position operates in office and winery production environments. Must be flexible with work schedule and work locations.
• Must be able to travel to all DP locations as needed.
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company, with ten renowned wineries, eight state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, seven beautiful tasting rooms and more than 800 coveted acres of vineyards spanning 22 sustainably farmed Estate properties. Established in 1976, when legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn founded Napa Valley’s iconic Duckhorn Vineyards, today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark. Our 400+ uniquely passionate and well-tenured employees typically join us for our employee-centric culture and industry-leading benefits and stay for the dynamic colleagues, fast-paced environment, and career development. We offer a curated and comprehensive portfolio of acclaimed luxury wines with price points ranging from $20 to $200 across more than 15 varietals and 25 appellations. Our wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 50 countries around the world.