Parramon Launches Microtech Cork Stopper in US
Napa, Calif.—Napa, California – November 7, 2019 – Parramon USA has begun selling its Microtech line of cork stoppers to US wineries. Previously available in Europe, South Africa and Japan, Microtech is a natural and affordable closure with no detectable TCA.
The Microtech line is the result of Parramon’s many innovations and technological advances in the manufacturing of cork stoppers. They are composed of high-quality granulated cork taken only from the production of Parramon’s luxury-grade natural cork stoppers.
The move coincides with the completion of a new, separate facility designed specifically for the production on Microtech. It incorporates a new, unique process to remove volatiles from the product, resulting in a closure that is sensory neutral.
According to US Sales Manager Daryl Eklund, “While we are primarily known for our luxury-class corks, we have many client wineries that require high-quality stoppers for their lower-tier wines. That’s why we are bringing our Microtech line of stoppers to the US. These closures are recyclable, biodegradable and produced only from our own natural raw material. They offer superb elasticity, perfect airtightness and excellent sensory performance”.
Below are some of the key attributes that distinguish Microtech from its competitors.
- Controlled Sourcing - Parramon only uses wood purchased by the principals to produce all products. No outside sources.
- Aged, Cured and Monitored - The wood is aged for 12-18 months on site in special structures.
- Purity – Only pure high-quality interior cork wood used. All hardwood from bark and cambium removed.
- Protocol Zero - Since launching its zero defects program two years ago, Parramon has sold more than 50 million corks without any returns due to TCA.
- 98% Cork - Microtech closures are formed with a minimum of binders.
- Eco-Friendly – All waste wood committed to cogeneration. No petroleum fuels used.
For more information go to www.parramonexportap.com/en or contact US Sales Manage Daryl Eklund at 707-225-2848 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parramon Exportap is a family-owned and operated company founded in 1956 in the town of Cassà de la Selva (Girona), 90 km from Barcelona. With 800 customers in more than 12 countries, Parramon Exportap supplies corks to dozens of iconic wineries in Spain, France, Italy, the United States, South Africa and Japan. A long-time advocate for sustainability and environmentally sound farming and business practices, Parramon Exportap is also rated under the ISO 14001:2015 for the environment compliances as well as ISO 9001:2015 for quality management standards.