Wine Club & Events Manager
Just a short drive outside Kamloops city limits, off Highway 1, the winery and vineyards, straddle the Thompson River making for a breathtaking view. Monte Creek Winery is producing world-class wines in the Thompson Valley and is a must-see tourist attraction.
The successful candidate will be in charge of planning and executing all aspects of Wine Club. In addition to our two annual shipments, our Wine Club Manager will work to attract new members and ensure the existing members feel both engaged and value in their membership. In this role, you will be the primary contact for all event inquires at the Winery. Once, an event is confirmed, your role will be to assist the clients up until and throughout the day of the event to ensure positive experiences are achieved. When time permits, the Wine Club & Events Manager is intended to work in the Tasting Room assisting guests and helping to ensure quality service standards are achieved by all Tasting Room staff. The right candidate will show qualities of a positive and creative mindset, self-direction, and strong communication and management skills while building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The right candidate has to be willing to work in a team environment and independently when required to achieve favourable outcomes for all.
• Fielding all event inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Working with clients to ensure the venue meets the needs of the client, that a banquet events order is created and updated throughout the process to ensure all client needs are captured and addressed prior to the event
• Liaison with Catering company as it pertains to menu planning and execution
• Execute lead up and day of event activities either individually or by directing a team of staff
• Creating new and innovative events that bring in new/more people and maximize the potential of the property as a destination
• Point person for all active and inquiring Wine Club members
• Lead for monitoring and execution of attracting new members engaging existing members to ensure retention and to mitigate attrition
• Look at developing a more premium club tier
• Continue to Personalize and customize the Club options
• Organize and execute April and October Wine Club shipments
• Work with Marketing department to produce meaningful content for monthly newsletter
• Leader in the Tasting Room to assist guest and with the training and development of staff.
• 3-5 years experience planning and executing events
• Experience working at a winery is an asset
• Experience working in or overseeing a Wine Club or a group of high-value customers is an asset