Position: Equipment Technician - Contract
Location: Ontario and Eastern Canada
Start date: August 2021
Nuance Winery Supplies has been a supplier to the Canadian wine industry since 2013. We strive to offer innovative and practical solutions to Canadian wineries. We work closely with both customer and supplier to ensure we provide concise info and sound technical expertise. Our success is based on the synergies of these relationships as our industry continues to evolve rapidly.
We are currently seeking a talented individual who is interested in working with Nuance with a focus on the equipment and technology side of our business. We are dedicated to thinking outside the box and bringing new ideas/technologies to improve the way we work with Canadian grape and wine producers. Of course there is no hard stop at grapes, we are interested in other fruits as well. Grapes and wine are just our specialty!
- Operation of our mobile Flash Detente unit for the 2021 campaign and beyond
- Colour removal and recovery trials
- Preventative maintenance of equipment currently in the field
- Commissioning of new equipment
- Identifying areas of improvement around mechanics and process flow
Skill and Personality Profile:
- Clear and effective communicator
- Effective problem solver
- Able to work both in a collaborative environment and independently
- Able to represent the company’s image and ethic
- Detailed orientated, meticulous and thorough
- Engaging in face to face customer experiences
- Adaptive to the pace of the business
- Open minded, progressive and willing to learn through trial and error
- Able to work extended hours during harvest
- Previous experience with any of the following is an asset: i.e. Millwright, Electrical, Automation, Welding, Wine Industry
- Valid forklift and/or AR driving license is an asset
The successful candidate will possess a positive attitude and show a willingness to succeed as a member of our team and of our industry. The individual must show a genuine interest in working with equipment and is able to overcome challenges with equipment when they arise. We believe that good people are the core of our business. Compensation is commensurate upon experience. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank you for your interest.