At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic Harvest Lab Intern join our team at Tinhorn Creek Vineyards. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards in Oliver, BC is one of the Okanagan's most innovative and environmentally sustainable estate wineries with an extensive health and safety program. We are a 450-ton winery in the heart of the South Okanagan wine region, with vineyards on both the Golden Mile Bench and the Black Sage Bench. We produce roughly 50:50 white and red, and our two unique vineyard sites allow us to grow both Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals in addition to a dash of Syrah and Gewurztraminer. We employ a basic and natural wine making approach and have a small but skilled team you would enjoy working with.
Reporting to the Oenologist, the Harvest Lab Intern will work as part of the team to safely and efficiently perform required analysis of harvested juice and wine samples throughout the winemaking process, achieving optimum analytical quality standards.
We are looking for a teammate with:
• Science degree or Diploma in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry; one to two years' previous lab experience is preferred
• Strong organizational skills, excellent oral communication and attention to detail required
• Ability to read and interpret cellar work orders, work with computer, and follow safety and procedures is required
• Capable to work in a team environment, various shifts, and flexible hours including weekend and overtime
• A passion for the wine industry and a desire to pour extraordinary into everyday life
• Understanding current COVID 19 Protocol as well compliance with work safe practices
This teammate will be accountable for:
• Preparing and analyzing samples; monitoring tank and barrel fermentations, as well collecting representative samples from tanks and barrel
• Analysis of all grape maturity samples before and during harvest
• Accurate microbiological, chemical tests as specified
• Following non-conformance procedure; supporting and participating in all Company and Regulatory objectives implementing within the South Okanagan lab
• Data entry of analytical results; maintaining HACCP and ABS requirements
• Adherence to Quality Assurance protocol including routine calibration, maintenance, assisting with trouble shooting of all laboratory instruments
• Participation in all health and safety initiatives within the Lab and cellar facilities
• Understanding of hazardous material and ensure proper disposal of all hazardous chemical waste
• Following W.H.M.I.S. requirements and provide for clean and safe working conditions.
Must have a valid Work VISA to work in Canada.
*Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications no later than February 26, 2021.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates should be in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.