Hillside Cellars Winery--one of the first wineries established on the Naramata Bench, is seeking a Permanent Full Time Cellar hand to aid in the production of our premium wine portfolio.
This is a qualified cellar position, reporting to Cellar Lead Hand and Winemaker. Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Juice/wine transfers
• Blending, under direction of winemaker
• Wine filtration (DE & plate & frame)
• Tank cleaning
• Maintenance of cellar equipment
• Routine barrel work: filling/racking/steaming/topping
• Bottling (in-house bottling line)
• Organized maintenance of case goods warehouse
Participate in annual grape harvest/vinification, with additional duties as required:
• Flexible schedule including weekend and evening work, as required by harvest logistics.
• equipment set-up and sanitising
• fruit receival/weighing
• fruit sorting
• cap-management including punch-down Pulsair and pump-over
• barrel steaming and filling
• forklift operation—primarily outside, un-even terrain
• Strong work ethic and commitment to work in safe, accurate and professional manner.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs, regularly bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time and navigating ladders, in a variety of working conditions including outdoor receiving area and tank farm, as well as damp cellar conditions.
• Relevant training and experience are required with some on-the-job training provided.
• Fork Lift Operator’s Certificate required
Since 2011, Hillside has been dedicated to showcasing exclusively Naramata Bench fruit. Join our dedicated cellar team and discover the splendour of our Naramata Bench terroir.
How to apply: submit resumé to Kathy Malone, Winemaker, through this listing, no phone enquiries please.