Frind Estate Winery, with its spectacular lakefront location, is currently taking applications for our 2020 Harvest Production Crew. We are looking for sparky candidates who can hustle during our most important time of the year. If you have an appreciation for where innovation & technology can take the humble grape, you will love your harvest experience at Frind.
The position will run approximately between early September 2020 through to late November 2020. We can offer suggestions, but you will be responsible for arranging your own accommodation and transport.
• Grape sorting & processing, fermentations, pressing, racking, transfers, blending, topping, wine treatments, barrel maintenance and sanitation
• Ferment management: temperature control, inoculation, cap management, punch downs and pump overs
• Operating pneumatic presses, destemmers, punch down systems, pump over systems, barrel washers, ozone machines, pumps, heating & cooling systems
• Ability to follow strict protocols related to COVID-19 hygiene & safety compliance
• High standard of cleanliness: cleaning and sanitation of all harvest equipment, tanks, pumps, hoses and production building environs
• Adherence to all Health & Safety protocols
• Ability to lift 20kg and perform repetitive physical labour
The kind of personalities we are looking for:
• Motivated, punctual & hardworking
• Passionate about the wine industry (without being elitist)
• Someone who is excited about working with state-of-the-art equipment
• Common sense & problem-solving abilities
• Able to work long and flexible hours when necessary. Nightshift & weekend/stat holiday work may be necessary.
• Able to follow direction & leadership & work effectively in a team environment
• Spotify playlist aficionados and wine-chip pairing enthusiasts welcome
• Ideally you would already have experience as a cellarhand
• Tertiary education in winemaking/viticulture preferred
• Forklift certification/confined space/first aid training an asset but not essential
• Valid drivers licence
• Must be legally allowed to work in Canada – we will not be sponsoring candidates
Compensation based on experience.