We are looking for a candidate to join our 2020 Harvest Team at Flat Rock Cellars. Nestled into the Twenty Mile Bench on the Niagara Escarpment, we are a medium-sized family run winery that focuses on all things Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Riesling. We process up to 250 T of grapes, mostly by hand to produce premium white, red and rose table wine, as well as traditional method sparkling. Our gravity flow winery is ideally suited to making the highest quality wines.During harvest you will have a chance to perform many tasks within the winery such as, but not limited to:
- Fruit sampling
- Juice analysis (pH, brix, TA)
- Fermentation checks (Brix, temp. health)
- Processing, sorting, and pressing fruit
- Cap management including punch-downs and pump-overs
- Racking/transfers of juice and must
- Barrel work including washing, filling, topping and stacking
- Making additions to juice/must
- Inoculating juice for fermentation
- General cleaning of all harvest equipment, tanks, pumps, and hoses
- Adhering to all health and safety protocol
In order to be considered for the position you must:
• Follow direction, take instruction well and be willing to learn on the job.
• Be very detail oriented and complete tasks in a safe, efficient manner.
• Work well within a team environment.
• Display a willingness to maintain the level of cleanliness in the cellar.
• Understand the basics of premium wine production & wine analyses.
• Be physically capable of carrying-out all necessary cellar operations, such as, lifting, bending & standing on your feet for long periods.
• Non-Canadians must hold a valid Work Permit or Work Holiday Visa for Ontario/Canada
Applicants should be comfortable working evenings and weekends, lifting up to 22kg, and working with ladders.
The following experience would be beneficial (but not essential):
- lab experience
- forklift license
- former DJ
- snack enthusiast
Compensation based on experience.
We can help with the search, but you must find own accommodations and transport.