Noble Ridge is a 25-acre estate vineyard and winery located in Okanagan Falls, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Vineyard Foreman to lead our crew on our estate vineyard. The position will start early January 2020 and is on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work hand in hand with the Vineyard Manager and Winemaker in order to grow premium quality grapes and make premium wines. This role is perfectly suited for a self-starting individual that will take pride in our team success.
• Supervise and train the vineyard crew on best practices to carry out all canopy management activity such as pruning, suckering, tucking, thinning, harvesting, etc.
• Manage the workload and priorities in order to meet our quality and efficiency targets.
• Monitor general vineyard health.
• Assist in maintaining our different trellis systems (Geneva Double Curtain, Modified Scott Henry, VSP), irrigation and vineyard equipment.
• Recommend areas of improvement to increase crop quality, reduce operating cost, etc.
• Cellar work during peak harvest time and bottling.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in viticulture with a proven track record as crew leader.
• Self motivated and punctual.
• Good communication and leadership skills.
• Able to lead by example in a fast pace and highly efficient environment.
• Able to stand for long periods of time, work outside, work in cold and wet conditions
• Hardworking & able to work longer hours when necessary
• Education and previous experience in vineyard management an asset
Compensation based on experience level