Southbrook Organic Vineyards is looking for a…
Full-Time Pavilion Manager
Southbrook Organic Vineyards is Canada’s first Biodynamic winery and is a leader in organic and sustainable agricultural practices. We are a destination winery, where people come to enjoy lunch and a glass of wine on the pizza patio, sample our award-winning organic and biodynamic wines in our tasting room and experience a first-class taste of what the Niagara-on-the-Lake region has to offer.
We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to manage our Pavilion operations, on-site events tasting room and pizza patio teams. The successful candidate must be willing to work both as a part of the team and as its leader. The candidate will work collaboratively with the owner, the production and administration teams, and coordinate the Social Marketing strategies to meet company objectives. The candidate will also be responsible for recruitment, training and ongoing coaching of staff members in the tasting room and food services. This role requires retail knowledge and experience, excellent leadership qualities, first class customer service skills, and a passion for wine.
The responsibilities of this position include:
* Providing leadership for a team of seasonal Tasting Room and Patio staff. Also includes duties such as hiring, training, coaching, performance review, supervision and termination
* Accountability for assuring the execution of all tasting room operations including opening/closing procedures, inventory (order, stock, and maintain all inventory)
* Maintain a friendly, warm and clean tasting room environment inside and outside at all times
* Assist tasting room staff in their duties when needed; work alongside team in tasting room when required; role model the behavior that is expected from tasting room staff with customer relations
* Organize and manage all Corporate and private on-site events
* Be an active team member, doing what is necessary to help the business run smoothly and efficiently
* Create and maintain a warm, friendly and highly productive team ‘culture’ that is focused on providing an exemplary Tasting Room guest experience that builds brand loyalty and lasting customer relationships
* Create appealing store presentation, merchandizing and portfolio of merchandize
* Maintain the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Tasting Room and Patio and surrounding areas at all times
* Working collaboratively with the Owner, production team, and Marketing teams to meet company objectives.
* Manage monthly and annual targets for the Tasting Room and food services and undertake corrective actions to achieve targets if required. Targets include sales, revenues, email enrollments, positive guest feedback and reviews.
* Manage operational expense budgets for the Tasting Room and food services
* Develop annual budgets and provide monthly management reports
* Develop and execute strategic plans to grow tasting room traffic and sales
The successful candidate will possess natural leadership skills, work well under high-pressure situations, take the initiative and be decisive, and have a positive, outgoing and approachable personality. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years retail or hospitality experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role. We are looking for a proven track record of success and the ability to ensure a smooth-running operation that maximizes sales while managing costs and motivating staff as a competent leader to ensure profitability through teamwork.
In addition, the candidate must have:
* Ability to build and lead a successful team
* Passion for wine, with formal training considered an asset, but not essential (CMS, WSET, CAPS)
* Must be willing to work weekends and evenings as required
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in (wine) retail sales or hospitality
* Candidates must be in good health and be able to stand for long periods of time
* Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service
* A warm and outgoing personality who can bring out the best in others
* Previous supervisory experience in high-end retail and hospitality environment
* Working knowledge with computer programs, such as Word, Excel and email. Experience with Winedirect is an asset
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Smart Serve certificate & driver’s license are essential
* Full time permanent position with competitive salary and benefit package