At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic Harvest Intern to join our Gray Monk Winery team for the Harvest period. Perched above Okanagan Lake with stunning panoramic views of mountains, vineyards and the lake, Gray Monk Estate Winery offers guests a true taste, or sip, of the Okanagan lifestyle. With a bustling wine boutique, a full-service banquet facility and a world-class restaurant, the winery is equipped to host guests for all occasions. Gray Monk Estate is comprised of 75 acres of lush vineyards overlooking Okanagan Lake, in addition to premium grapes sourced throughout the Okanagan Valley, to produce some of the world's finest wines.Reporting into the Cellar Master, you will be working as part of the team to safely and efficiently complete all cellar harvest activities as directed.
We are looking for a teammate with:
• Previous harvest experience and winemaking qualification preferred
• Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift is a bonus
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to multi-task
• A "Can Do" attitude and enjoys working under pressure
These teammates will be accountable for:
• Operating equipment to sort and destem/press grapes, as well make additions to wine
• Barrel work, including racking, cleaning and filling and transfer of juice and wine
• Cleaning and sanitation of tanks, processing equipment and winery
• Red Fermentation cap management including pump overs and punch downs
• Monitoring fermentation; measuring Brix and temperature of juice/wine
• Follow written or oral procedures and policies and report any deviations
• Use forklift to receive, weigh and stage fruit, and stack barrels.
• Follow all company record keeping and inventory tracking procedures.
• Respectfully operate cellar equipment to maintain efficient operation
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing. Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.