An unusual career opportunity!
Established in 1981 by current owner Anthony von Mandl, O.C., O.B.C, Mission Hill is today widely regarded as Canada’s pre-eminent fine wine producer. The spectacular winery and 1,350 acre estate vineyards are situated in British Columbia’s beautiful Okanagan Valley. http://www.missionhillwinery.com/
With over 35 years of uncompromising commitment to attaining international recognition, Mission Hill has won ‘Canadian Winery of the Year’ six times. By any measure, its top estate wines are now at the forefront of Canada’s reputation for international wine excellence.
An imminent retirement at Mission Hill will create a vacancy for a Vice President of Operations who will lead and oversee combined operations for the company and its four associated Okanagan wineries (Martin’s Lane Cedar Creek, Check Mate, Road13). The role is based at the modern, well-equipped Mission Hill winery in West Kelowna; combined production by this dynamic, rapidly evolving, group is approaching .8m cases.
Principal responsibilities of this role include: planning, production/bottling, procurement, warehousing, logistics, site-management/security and engineering. The VP Operations will be a key member of the company’s Senior Management Group.
The role requires an experienced, hands-on leader who will oversee, mentor and inspire 6 key managers of a team of approx. 55 and liaise effectively with winery managers/winemakers both on and off site.
The successful candidate for this role will certainly have:
- a relevant tertiary business management qualification
- 10 years senior management experience in a similar operations role(s), of which 5 years was in a leadership position
- production management experience in globally distributed wine, (or, possibly, beer, spirits, or other fermentable beverages)
- excellent commercial and negotiating skills
- a proven track record in continuous improvement of quality parameters, maintaining and implementing best practice in a range of production and operating systems
- effective internal and external communication skills and the ability to represent the company at a senior level
Desirable qualifications or experience includes:
- International experience in the production and distribution of diverse skus and packaging, including ultra-premium/luxury beverages
- Engineering esp. with winery packaging and production machinery
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in addition to Canadian visa sponsorship and family relocation to BC, if appropriate.
For further information, or to apply in confidence for this role, please email a specific letter of application and CV to Chris Anstee of Wine and Vine Personnel International. via this website.