At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Retail & Experience Manager to join our team at Black Hills Estate Winery (BHEW). Black Hills Estate Winery is situated on the scenic Black Sage Bench in Oliver, British Columbia and has been producing premium wine in this region since 1999. Known for the Nota Bene Bordeaux inspired blend, our focus is precise vineyard management, minimal intervention in the winery, and world class wine experiences offered to the thousands of visitors we see annually. Reporting into the Estate Manager, the Retail & Experience Manager will be responsible for developing and executing superior revenue driving strategies as well creating exceptional guest experiences that promote a premium Brand Image and meet/exceed financial objectives. The Retail & Experience Manager leads a team delivering seated wine tasting experiences in a 100-seat Experience Centre, in addition to supporting five signature events. The Retail & Experience Manager is also responsible for recruiting and building an extraordinary retail and experience team.
We are looking for a teammate with:
• Business/Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism Management Degree combined with 2-5 years retail management experience preferably in a Hospitality/Tourism industry
• WSET or ISG/CAPS or CMS certification with experience developing/leading related educational/training programs
• Proven people leadership skills; understanding of and assisting with preparing budgets
• Strong communication, project management and organizational abilities
• Passionate about offering high levels of customer service; wine service skills a bonus
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment and able to manage competing demands
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, with a focus on Word and Excel
This teammate will be accountable for:
• Day to day management of Wine Shop and Tasting Experiences
• Developing and executing business strategies to meet/exceed annual revenue targets for the retail operation including guest experience programming to maximize revenue yield and offer world class experiences
• Recruitment, onboarding and training/development of Retail and Experience team
• Developing and delivering ongoing wine and product training to Retail and Experience team
• Business Analysis and research of industry/consumer trends identifying new revenue opportunities
• Maximizing revenues per guest transaction as well developing relationships with resort and business owners to increase referral network and drive more traffic to the property
• Safety, Security and Cleanliness ensuring the workplace is safe for employees and guests and the winery is presented in top form
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.