Year-Round Cellar Hand
CedarCreek Estate Winery
Kelowna, British Columbia
Opportunities starting Immediately
CedarCreek sources fruit from estate vineyards between Kelowna and Osoyoos, with production split approximately half between white and half red, and half northern and half southern fruit. We have the capability to sort to individual berries, and we ferment in concrete, stainless, and oak, with one of the largest barrel programs in the valley. We use techniques such as whole bunch press, skin contact, extended maceration, and spontaneous fermentation and malolactic fermentation to help build personality into our wines across the spectrum.
We are focused on crafting distinctive wines which represent individual parcels from our own vineyards which we have identified as unique and having great potential. Our entire upper range are single vineyard or single block wines, allowing us to focus directly on expressing terroir across varieties and properties.
Day in the life:
Our Cellar Hands contribute as a member of our winemaking team dedicated to producing world-class wines and providing the finest and most intimate estate winery experience. They participate in the execution of all winemaking activities at the CedarCreek Estate Winery related to the production of our VQA - British Columbia wine portfolio.
Want to know more? You will…
• Coordinate and execute all aspects of cellar activities – with a strong emphasis on attention to detail.
• Identify, action and monitor completion of required cellar activities.
• Assist in monitoring of the qualitative and analytical states of all wines.
• Ensure presentation, organization and sanitation of the cellars is always of the highest standard.
• Assist with bottling (as required) –labour requirements, finished goods shipping, production records and any other related details.
• Execute the shipping and receiving of goods from and to bottled-wine warehouse.
• University degree in Oenology/Winemaking or applicable Science Related Field (preferred); Diploma in Oenology/Winemaking or applicable Science Related field (minimum requirement).
• Minimum of 2 harvest experiences, preferably one international,
• Proficient in operation of all production equipment.
• Must have complete knowledge of the operation and correct application of cellar equipment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Strong computer literacy experienced with MS Office and the ability to learn and use company wine inventory system (VAHL).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our winemaking team is dedicated to the growth of our team. We provide amazing internal opportunities for those who are committed to learning and personal development. If this sounds like you, head over to our website at www.cedarcreek.bc.ca, and submit your online application today.