At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Estate Manager to join our team at Black Hills Estate Winery (BHEW). Black Hills Estate Winery is situated on the scenic Black Sage Bench in Oliver, British Columbia and has been producing premium wine in this region since 1999. Known for the Nota Bene Bordeaux inspired blend, our focus is precise vineyard management, minimal intervention in the winery, and world class wine experiences offered to the thousands of visitors we see annually. Reporting into the Regional Estate Manager, South Okanagan, the Estate Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of the annual business plan and budget, overseeing the BHEW hospitality experience, as well managing and evolving the Black Hills Wine Club and direct to consumer initiatives.
We are looking for a teammate with:
• Minimum 5 years management experience in a Hospitality/Tourism environment
• University/College degree preferably from Business or Hospitality/Tourism Management program
• Strong personal and professional wine knowledge and passion for the BC Wine Industry
• Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities
• A passion for offering high levels of customer service; wine service skills a bonus
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage competing demands
• Knowledge about the wine and liquor market, Canadian wine industry and Regulations (LDB, LCBO)
This teammate will be accountable for:
• Developing & executing annual business and financial plans that support the financial, experiential, and brand building objectives of the Andrew Peller Estate Wine Group
• Managing and evolving the BHEW wine club through creating and implementing various innovative strategies
• Developing, promoting and executing all onsite private, public and wine club events
• Recruitment and leadership of teammates for both the Wine Experience Centre (tasting room & retail) and Direct to Consumer team
• Supervising and providing strategic direction to Retail & Experience Manager and all hospitality teammates
• Creating exceptional customer experiences; ensuring a high level of customer care and hospitality excellence is the top priority
• Trade sales management-Inventory allocation; distribution and monitoring all sku's throughout all the sales channels
• Safety, Security and Cleanliness ensuring the workplace is safe for employees and guests and the winery is presented in top form
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.