At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, passionate Vintage Cellar Hands to join our Red Rooster Winery Team. Red Rooster Winery is located on the Naramata Bench just outside of Penticton, BC in the Okanagan Valley. Annually we receive 400 tons of white and red varietals, with an emphasis on Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir and Syrah. Vintage Cellar hands will be part of a small, tight-knit crew, focusing on quality small batch fermentations. Harvest start dates are usually from the last week of August until the middle of November but vary slightly from year to year depending on the growing season. Visit our website at www.redroosterwinery.com
Reporting into the Winemaker, the Vintage Cellar Hands will work as part of the team to safely and efficiently complete all cellar harvest activities.
We are looking for teammates with:
• A passion for the wine industry with two (2) to three (3) years previous harvest experience
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Willingness to work flexible hours when needed
• Eligible for a Canadian Working Holiday Visa (www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp)
• Ability to lift 25kg (50lbs) on a regular basis
This teammate will be accountable for:
Receiving and processing grapes including:
• Racking, transfers and inoculations; red ferment dig-outs and skin pressing
• Punch downs and pump overs
• Tank and barrel additions
• Operating cellar equipment (including forklift) maintaining efficient harvest equipment
• Cleaning and sanitation of tanks, processing equipment and winery
• Adherence to standard operating procedures; healthy & safety requirements as well participating in health & safety meetings
• Completion of work orders and other paperwork
• Additional duties as assigned
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.