- Unique career opportunity for an experienced leader.
- Enjoy an attractive salary, generous benefits, and relocation assistance!
- Great opportunity to take a leading supplier of agricultural products to the next level.
About Growers Supply Company
Growers Supply Company Limited is a leading supplier of agricultural, nursery and garden center products. Established over 80 years ago, our hard working and dedicated team proudly serve the needs of over 5,000 loyal and diverse customers across British Columbia.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of BC Tree Fruits Cooperative, our combined entities operate 11 facilities across the Okanagan Valley and produce over $130 million in revenue annually.
Operating under the values of fairness, innovation, productivity, flexibility, and consensus, we foster a collaborative workplace that provides each employee with a true sense of ownership and reward.
About the Opportunity
Growers Supply Co. Ltd is currently seeking a General Manager to join our team in Kelowna, British Columbia on a full-time basis.
Interacting regularly with diverse groups, including Store Managers, Growers, Customers and the Board of Directors, you will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships and maintaining high standards of operational excellence.
Capable of building, motivating and developing a high-performance team, you will also focus on maximizing employee engagement and managing change and innovation throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guiding, directing, and managing direct reports, including the training, performance standards, and evaluation of store managers and department staff
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies, pertinent legislation, and contractual commitments
- Monitoring financial performance against budgets and targets, and directing the annual financial strategy
- Ensuring proper safety and accountability controls are in place through the organization
- Ensuring that the company provides customers with agreed-to products and services and working closely with staff to upgrade technology and equipment, as required
- Building visibility and awareness within the community, fostering brand development and new business opportunities, and funding
Our ideal candidate for this role will be a generous and community-minded leader with previous management/executive-level experience, ideally in a farming/horticulture or retail environment. A relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset, as is knowledge of finance/accounting and inventory control.
Capable of managing the many facets of a business in a competitive market, you must have proven ability to create operational efficiencies, manage sensitive relationships, as well as balance competing priorities and demands.
In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Senior leadership experience and familiarity with strategic planning, financial management, stakeholder management, project management, and standards setting to achieve customer service excellence
- The ability to manage multiple relationships/expectations in a grassroots, membership-based organization
- An analytical, innovative, consultative, and entrepreneurial leadership style
- A willingness and desire to donate time/resources to give back to the community
- This role will include some travel and a valid BC driver's license will be required.
Above all, you will be patient and have the ability to work with multiple departmental managers and growers, while balancing deadlines and multiple priorities.
About the Benefits
We are offering an attractive remuneration package that is commensurate with skills and experience, including the following benefits:
- Extended medical and dental
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by employer (capped)
- Three weeks of vacation to start (negotiable for outstanding candidates)
- Mileage will be allotted for any business travel
- Relocation assistance available to outstanding candidates
Upon joining Growers Supply, you will be welcomed into a supportive and collaborative culture that is actively involved in giving back to the community. From weekly food bank contributions to shoe drives for Africa and donations to the BC Cancer Foundation, we believe it's important to support the communities who support us.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to use your leadership experience and take on a pivotal role with a leading agricultural supplier. Apply today at: https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/109560