Trialto Wine Group Ltd. is seeking a highly motivated and driven Associate Portfolio Manager to join our dynamic team of wine professionals for an 18 month maternity leave replacement contract starting April 29th, 2019 or sooner. We are a dynamic company with a focus on wines of ‘People, Place, and Time’. We represent some of the best family owned wineries from around the world, and work to ensure they are sold and marketed effectively in our market. The right candidate must be: collaborative, resourceful, detail oriented, a self-starter who takes initiative and can communicate clearly and effectively.
As the Associate Portfolio Manager, you will report to the Western Canada Portfolio & Marketing Manager. You will be exposed to all aspects of portfolio and brand management as well as many aspects of marketing in the wine industry. This position is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Ensuring collection of essential brand data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Preparing and submitting listing applications to provincial liquor boards.
- Preparing and issuing bill back invoices to winery partners as per budget agreements.
- Working with the Portfolio Managers and Sales Managers to organize winery partner visits to Western Canada.
- Along with the Portfolio Managers, collaborating in supplier communication regarding market conditions/ trends, business intelligence reports and brand performance reports.
- Overseeing the entry of marketing data (sales numbers, marketing activities and expenses) to the brand playbooks.
- Sourcing and tracking the arrival of samples to each market.
- Preparing data for winery reports.
- Coordinating details of visits to a winery partner for staff, trade, media, and consumers.
- Sourcing images and product information for the website from our winery partners.
- Post-secondary education from a recognized College or University in a related field
- Previous experience working in the wine industry a strong asset
- Prior experience in a project / brand management or accounting role an asset
- Intermediate to advanced wine knowledge gained from formal education or experience equivalent
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- A strong passion for wine
- Excellent organization and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely resourceful with strong attention for detail
- Basic knowledge of general accounting, including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Additional language skills an asset
Compensation: Trialto offers market competitive base salary along with monthly transit pass reimbursements.
Application deadline: March 25th, 2019
Start date: April 29th or sooner
Only candidates selected for interviewing will be contacted.