Moon Curser Vineyards is a small, family owned and operated winery located on the Osoyoos East Bench at the southernmost tip of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and we are hiring for our upcoming 2019 season!
Why work for Moon Curser Vineyards?
Our owners left their previous careers because of the dream of winery life in the South Okanagan. To them this meant starting a business they are passionate about, striving for a work-life balance and no need to wear suits. This is the atmosphere our team enjoys along with industry competitive compensation and reasonable work hours. Situated atop Osoyoos East Bench, panoramic views of our vineyards and Osoyoos Lake are enjoyed from the tasting room. It’s a pretty nice place to work. We are looking to fill one seasonal position (expected average of 4 shifts per week, minimum employment length from mid-June to the beginning of October), to meld with our friendly team of long-term staff. This is an exciting time to join our team and contribute to our developing hospitality program.
We are looking for energetic individuals who love interacting with people. We like to share our wines with our visitors with warmth, passion and a lack of pretension in a welcoming, informal environment. Although we are informal, providing top notch customer service is key in our busy tasting room that is open 7 days a week.
- Educating visitors on our award-winning wines, wine club, events, and winery
- Warmly greeting guests and providing them with an exceptional and memorable tasting experience tailored to the guest’s knowledge level
- Handling transactions of wine and retail items
- Representing the winery at periodic off-site events/farmers markets
- Stocking shelves and tasting bar
- Keeping working areas clean, secure, organized and clutter free
- Maintaining the cleanliness of hospitality areas including the tasting room, restroom and walking areas
- Assisting with preparing and shipping orders
- Assisting with special events or guest house service if required
- Other tasks as required
- Prior experience in hospitality, retail or sales
- Basic knowledge of wine or a keen interest in wine
- Formal wine education is an asset
- Ability to work days, weekends/holidays and some evenings. A flexible schedule is an asset
- Second language is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Comfort with computers (for our basic point of sale software)
- Serving it Right Certificate
- At least 19 years of age
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job. These include but are not limited to:
- repetitively lifting
- lifting up to 50lbs while navigating stairs or equipment
- standing for extended periods of time
More About Moon Curser Vineyards:
The Moon Curser name pays tribute to the gold smuggling history of Osoyoos. Its wines, however, show no such respect for tradition – the winery is known for growing unusual old varieties such as Tempranillo and Tannat. They have brought home many a gold medal from Canadian and international wine competitions.
How to Apply:
If the above sounds like you, please email your resume and cover letter. Please include "Tasting Room Associate" in the subject line and ensure to specify within your cover letter any availability constraints.