Opportunity: Vintage Cellar Hands
Season: Early September – November 2019 (opportunity to start May/June)
Road 13 Vineyards
At ROAD 13 it’s all about the dirt, our team, and our desire to produce top quality wine. Awarded #1 Winery in Canada in 2018, we understand that great wine starts with equally passionate people. Want to be part of our story? We’re looking for energetic, motivated, and reliable Cellar Hands for our northern hemisphere Vintage 2019.
Day in the Life:
Our team harvests grapes from all over the Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys, working with up to 450 tons of fruit per year. Mainly concentrating on Rhone varietals such as Syrah, Grenache, Roussanne, Marsanne and Viognier but also working with some amazing Bordeaux blends. As part of our harvest team you will be exposed to all facets of the grape processing and fermentation management stages.
Want to know more? You will…
• Work with small batches of wine in the punch down process
• Utilize basket and bladder presses with red and white varietals
• Conduct barrel work and vineyard sampling
• Monitor fermentation and lab work
• Drain, rack and sanitize tanks
• Passion for wine and the wine industry
• Prior experience in a winery
• Strong attention to detail
• Meet the physical requirements of the position; standing and moving for extended periods of time
• Forklift skills are an asset
• For non-Canadian residents a valid visa will be required to secure a position.
• Road 13 Vineyards does not offer housing but will assist in finding accommodation.
If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.