I. Overall Purpose
Responsible for the operations of the Bistro and the Bistro Sparkling Bar. Prepares the
annual Bistro plan and trains and supervises the Bistro staff. Works closely with the
Chef on the development of the menu. Assists the Wine Shop & Marketing Manager
with the execution of special events, onsite catering, Fitz Fridays and Crush Deck
In addition to Bistro operations, assists the Wine Shop & Marketing Manager with the
retail and hospitality operations of the Winery, as required and in particular in the
Bistro off season.
Assists the Wine Shop & Marketing Manager with management of the Wine Club
including assisting with the two mandatory shipments per year to members.
Maintains efficient administration of the Bistro and the Bistro Sparkling Bar.
Maintains the highest standards of housekeeping possible.
Reports directly to the President.
Reporting to the Bistro Manager are the Bistro staff.
III. Key Relationships
Reports on the operation of the Bistro to the President and is responsible for
achieving goals outlined in the budget including sales forecasts and desired
2. Wine Shop & Marketing Manager:
Reports on the overall day-to-day operations of the Bistro to ensure that the
goals outlined in the budget are attained. In conjunction with the Wine Shop &
Marketing Manager and Chef, creates a wine inspired menu, utilizing fresh
produce from the Okanagan Valley.
Works closely with the Chef to create a wine inspired menu, utilizing fresh
produce from the Okanagan Valley to ensure the highest calibre of culinary
4. Bistro Staff:
Responsible for the training of the Bistro staff to ensure that their knowledge of
the menu and wines are of the highest standards possible and oversees their
general job performance to ensure the highest standards of customer relations.
Work with caterers to provide excellent services for events.
Works with the Winemaker to educate the Wine Shop and Bistro staff regarding
the special attributes and selling features of Fitzpatrick Family Vineyard wines.
IV. Major Responsibilities
1. Meets goals that are outlined in the budget for the Bistro. Track the progress of
the Bistro through Daily Sheets as well as the Weekly Sales Flash Report.
Manages expenses within budget and schedules and tracks staff hours
2. Ensure that closing procedures of the Bistro and general security policies of the
Winery are followed by staff.
3. Organizes educational training sessions for the Bistro and Hospitality staff on all
products: wine or featured lunch/dinner specials.
4. Commitment to achieve the highest standards of customer service and promote
a positive environment amongst all employees reflecting the essence of our
brand – “sophisticated ease”.
1. Responsible for training and supervision of Bistro Staff to ensure the highest
standards of customer service at the Bistro.
2. Create a positive working atmosphere and communicate Bistro goals and
objectives to Bistro Staff; responsible for daily briefing for Bistro staff and
ensure that the daily duties and tasks are completed in a thorough and timely
3. Responsible for table layout, set-up and organization.
4. Enforce a clean and tidy work environment in the service area of the restaurant.
5. Manages the Bistro Sparkling Bar including ordering and stocking of cocktail
supplies and wines for Bistro wine list.
1. In conjunction with the Wine Shop & Marketing Manager works with Hospitality
Staff on execution of special events, onsite catering, Fitz Fridays and Crush Deck
V. Required Qualifications
• Wine Knowledge (WSET or sommelier accreditation)
• Food and Beverage Management Experience
• Retail Experience
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Leadership Qualities
• Post-Secondary Education desirable