Mt Boucherie Estate Winery has always been synonymous with premium wine and a quaint little retail shop, but did you know we are GROWING? In the Fall of 2019, we will be opening the much-anticipated Mt Boucherie Estate Wine Experience Centre featuring 15000 sq ft of Wine & Food experiences with spectacular vistas in West Kelowna.
Mt. Boucherie Estate was established as a grape growing business in 1968 with the winery following in 2001. Vineyards were planted in the Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys from the 1960’s and with more being planted today. Year after year, the quality of our vintages has been recognized in British Columbia and on the national and international stage.
As a growing team, we put a considerable emphasis on creating a working environment that fosters professional development, a rewarding workplace, & promotion from within. We are fortunate to have several very experienced wine professionals from whom employees in the beginning of their careers can gain valuable mentoring.
In anticipation of future growth, we are expanding our cellar team. The team plays a vital role in creating the wines that our customers expect from us. We are looking to fill roles with people who have the right attitude, the right work ethic, are detail oriented, love to have fun, work hard, and actually enjoy wine! The Assistant Winemaker will work closely with our Head Winemaker to ensure that the day to day wine making operations run smoothly & are executed to the highest level.
- Working closely with the cellar team to ensure all tasks defined by the Head Winemaker are met and exceeded.
- Executing day to day operations of the cellar as required
- Ensuring a clean cellar, with maintained equipment, barrels and tanks according to strict sanitizing protocols
- Keeping workspace tidy and organized to ensure a safe work environment
- Assisting Head Winemaker by organizing the cellar and bottling team to ensure an efficient and healthy bottling of our wines
- Ability to work in some adverse weather outside (cold/raining/snowing/hot)
- Ability to lift 25 kg
- Position requires some weekend work
- Must be a team player
- Communication in English (written and verbal) a necessity
- Strong supervisory skills
Education, Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary diploma in winery operations at College or University
- Preference given to Sommelier certification or WSET 2 level knowledge
- Forklift Safety Certification
- Lab experience
- Clean, orderly work ethic
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Cellar Master or Assistant Winemaker
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
If you feel like this position and this company is for you, please submit your resume and a short letter of introduction to:
email@example.com by March 1, 2019.