CHEERS! Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is currently searching for a Business Development Manager to join the team in Canada!
You will be responsible for the execution of the Canadian Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits’ strategies along with working in conjunction with the national agent to ensure plan delivery. You will collaborate with the Director of International Sales, Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing and Supply teams to establish provincial needs to grow underdeveloped provinces. You will also be in charge of overseeing provincial objectives in both retail and on premise by province, including managing and execution of national marketing strategies.
What Will You Do?
• Manage provincial objectives quarterly agreed upon with National Distributor to ensure annual delivery of plan in both On and Off Premise channels.
• Build distributor programs to influence consumer buying and manage ROI within given case rate spends.
• Work with Distributor in wholesale provinces to build LRS programs that deliver a positive ROI and create consumer loyalty.
• Work with Distributor’s regional sales leads in each province to ensure buy in and prioritization of executing against each of the Josh Acceleration plan building blocks, Distribution, On Premise and Marketing.
• Work with and support field sales needs, cold calling on accounts, brand training, retail execution and sourcing brand assets.
• Identify and action opportunities to grow the Deutsch business across the Canadian market.
• Directly manage the Deutsch marketing plan and execution including LMS budgets and social media platforms.
• Develop best in class relationships with key accounts.
• Work with distributor to harvest National Account On Premise business and ensure channel delivery of plan.
• Work with California Wine Institute on implementing and executing against brand opportunities. (i.e. trade shows, sponsorships, partnerships and media tastings)
• Work with Distributor on influencing and getting distribution in Alberta grocery chains.
• Work with Distributor and their reporting resources to develop monthly score cards against distribution gaps, inventory forecasting adjustments and programming ROI.
• Monitor and create awareness in the retail channel. Be an expert on trends and developments as it relates to key future growth and new selling ideas.
• Have an eye on competitive programs and measure against sales performance.
• Primary lead on all brand training and awareness initiatives.
• Trade shows, regional sales meeting’s and consumer tasting events.
• Prioritize business development opportunities, identify levers for future growth, and develop a tactical plan to drive volume though:
• Develop and coach Distributor’s field sales teams to ensure Deutsch brands are well represented and getting more than fair share of time and focus in selling channels.
• Collaborate with International Sales Director to build out annual volume plans by province, including channel specific volume targets and rationale.
• Collaborate with International Sales Director on market growth opportunities specific to new distribution channels and build out go to market strategy to support it.
• Financial Scope
• Ownership of Canadian volume and financial plans
• Manage account spending to budget assigned op a case rate basis
• Drive improved ROI on investment plans
• Manage travel and entertainment spend within budget and guidelines
The Ideal Candidate Has:
• Bachelor’s Degree (required)
• 3-5 years’ experience calling on retail and on premise channels
• Beverage alcohol experience strongly preferred
• Proven experience leading and working with cross-functional teams
• Strong track record managing and developing people
• Must possess solid knowledge of Category Management with strong analytical skills
• Excellent relationship development skills; proven ability to influence
• Strong negotiating skills
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Driven and determined; passion for winning
• Comfortable with travel: 20-25% travel required