We are now hiring a Harvest Laboratory Assistant for the 2019 Harvest. This position is expected to run from September 1, 2019 through December 28, 2019, with the potential to be extended through March 2020 should it be required.
• Laboratory Tasks:
o Pre-harvest and harvest grape processing, sampling and analysis.
o Fermentation Monitoring and Analysis
o Other tests on must and wine including: BRIX, pH, TA, VA, RS, and NTU, in addition to other tests a deemed necessary by the Senior Laboratory Technician and Winemaker
• Grape Processing: Assist processing crew as required
• Equipment Sanitation: ensure all laboratory equipment is kept in a clean and sanitary condition general cleaning of facility and winery equipment as required
• Follow all safety procedures as directed by standard operating procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate science related discipline (Wine and viticulture preferred)
• Ability to follow instructions from Senior Laboratory Technician and Winemaker
• Strong Commitment to quality with attention to detail and ability to maintain an organized workplace
• 2+ seasons of harvest experience
• Good problem solving abilities and ability to be hands on, dependable, and self-starting
• Ability to work standing for long hours and irregular shifts including weekends and statutory holidays
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to lift 55lbs
Wage rate based on experience.