We are now hiring harvest interns for the 2019 Harvest. This position is expected to run from September 1, 2019 through December 28, 2019, with the potential to be extended through March 2020 should it be required.
• Grape Processing: Grape and Juice Reception, Destemming, Crushing, and Pressing,
• Cellar Work: Punch Downs, Pump Overs, Barrel Work, Racking, Fermentation Monitoring, Product Transfers, Product Blending, and Product Addition
• Equipment Sanitation: Cleaning of all processing equipment, and general cleaning of facility and winery equipment
• Follow all safety procedures as directed by standard operating procedures
• Safe Operation of Forklift and Other Winery Equipment (Training Provided)
There may be opportunities for bottling operations as well in participation in running and basic vineyard work as directed by the vineyard manager
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate science related discipline (Wine and viticulture preferred)
• Strong Commitment to quality with attention to detail and ability to maintain an organized workplace
• 2+ seasons of harvest experience
• Good problem solving abilities and ability to be hands on, dependable, and self-starting
• Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures, safe cellar practices, and the ability to be trained in confined space entry and exit procedures
• Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts including weekends and statutory holidays
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to lift 55lbs
Wage rate based on experience.