Meyer Family Vineyards has been crafting premium wines in the Okanagan Valley since 2006, specializing in single vineyard expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to join our team to manage and execute our Wine Club and Direct to Consumer program. The position is a full time, year-round position with an immediate start date. Hours are flexible but a 40-hour work week is required. A casual workplace with excellent group dynamics.
The candidate is:
- computer savvy and has strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- comfortable using various CRM and POS platforms - bonus if you are familiar with Shopify.
- detailed-orientated, a multi-tasker and a problem-solver
- self-motivated, can work well on their own but is also a team player
- sales driven and can come up with innovative ideas to drive wine club sign ups and online sales
- loves wine and is passionate about the wine industry
The primary role of the Wine Club & Direct to Consumer Manager is to:
- develop and maintain customer and member relationships
- execute wine club shipments including sending pre-shipment notifications, batching orders, printing labels and packing slips, packing and shipping wine
- coordinate and lead a team of coworkers to assist with wine club packing
- coordinate and ship all online sales (ecommerce, wine club sales, Foodie Pages and My Wine Canada)
- grow and retain members
- drive wine club and online sales
- work with events coordinator to plan and execute annual wine club pick up party
The secondary asset although not required but will be remunerated for would be to also manage and oversee all marketing and social media and will be required to:
- create letters to be included in wine club shipments
- create and send monthly newsletter and wine club offers using Mailchimp
- work with a designer on promotional materials including rack cards, brochures and other materials
- work with our winemaker and owner to create tasting notes and winemaking technical data sheets
- manage and update content on our website
- manage and post content on all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Delectable)
- set up newly released products on website/ecommerce and point of sale
- 2 to 5 years of previous Wine Club and Direct to Consumer Sales
- Knowledge and proven passion for wine is preferable, WSET is considered an asset but not required
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding customer service skills
- Serving it Right (SIR) certificate
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work the occasional weekend, holiday and some evenings during peak season
This role is primarily office based, however most mornings are spent in the warehouse packing and shipping wine. Wine club shipments happen 3 times per year, during which more time will be spent in the warehouse.
An excellent compensation package available for the right person which includes a wine allowance, group benefits plan and excellent working environment.
Start Date: Immediately