About the Opportunity
Our client is seeking a General Manager to join our Cidery in Kelowna, British Columbia on a full-time basis.
The General Manager will be responsible for directing cidery production, fiscal management, and providing input on marketing and sales in both wholesale and DTC. In addition, create and manage strategic plans and related budgets to maintain and achieve future profitability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Winery Consultant and CFO to meet strategic goals and growth plans
- Reporting and working with the senior management team to ensure that concerns & opportunities are tabled
- Working with finance to develop and execute practical departmental budgets aligned with the action plans that will strategically leverage diverse resources, prioritize and support on-site maximization of sales, and focus and long term productivity, quality, and efficiency goals
- Assuming responsibility and driving the productivity and efficiency of the overall business through the effective production of cider products, development of supply and demand plans, on-going analysis of variances and collaborative actions across functions to ensure successful execution of a business model that ultimately delivers a beneficial return on assets to the growers.
- Building strategic working relationships with peers across the company as well as achieving and maintaining the accuracy and consistent flow of information, execution of defined process, and performance of the overall business
To qualify for this role you will have a minimum of 5 years of senior management experience with proven leadership experience in operations and production including production site planning, developing production schedules, and managing medium to large teams. Candidates with experience at a cidery or winery are preferred, however similar experience in a related business may be considered.
Above all, you will have exceptional communication skills with an emphasis on team building and problem-solving. As a leader, you lead by example and demonstrate adaptability and openness to change. Your well-rounded interpersonal skills allow you to easily coordinate with multiple departments and work in a cross-functional team environment. You must also be able to manage and satisfy stakeholders.
About the Benefits
We are offering an attractive remuneration package that is commensurate with skills and experience, including the following benefits:
- BC Medical
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by employer (capped)
- Three weeks of vacation to start (negotiable for outstanding candidates)
- Annual performance-based bonus for all Management employees
- Car allowance plus mileage will be allotted
- Relocation assistance provided to outstanding candidates
Don't miss this unique opportunity to take on a pivotal senior leadership role with a rapidly growing company! APPLY TODAY!
For more info and to apply see: http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/92380